8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

09 Civic Si yellow fog light overlays.

42K views 110 replies 57 participants last post by  dika423 
#1 ·
#11 ·
dont get those!! get yellow HIDs... those overlays burns and melt.. mine didnt cause i would always turn it off.. but it was soo annoying.. first i thought whatever.. but after awhile why should i keep turning it on/off when i want it on.. so i took it off.. its not worth it.. its pain in the ass..

#15 ·
yeah get HIDs or a cheaper route nokya's. Just dont make the same mistake as i did. if u get the nokya's take the rubber seal off the sylvanias (stock halogens) and put them on the nokyas. the one nokya supplies is kinda thin and if u wash the car with a high power washer like at the car wash and u try to get all the dirt outta all the little holes around the fog light..... water WILL go in... lolz. i wont be doing that again anytime soon. still a lil mad lolz.

#17 ·
Alright guys. I'm in the same boat. I've got an 09 fg2, and I just installed some 6000k HID's... They look incredible, but now the fogs don't seem to go with the color. I'd like to get the fogs HID'd, but it's more $$$ that I don't have right now. Which brings me to 3 questions:
Wouldn't it be easier to replace the stock fog light bulbs with yellow tinted ones?
Does anyone know the bulb code for the new 09 fogs?
Is there a DIY for that installation?
Thanks in advance.

#18 ·
The fogs are always h11 bulbs. I just installed 8k low beam Nokya 2500k DRLs and 3k fogs on my 09 FG2 and I sort of regret gettin hid fogs. I rather just get The nokya h11 2500k bulbs for fogs its not worth spending the $$ on hid for fogs. Just because the nokya bulbs looks a lot more yellow when you look at the car. But on the floor we all know ofcoarse hid gives a stronger glow

#20 ·
you gotta kinda pull the screw while you turn it. then tug downwards on the fog and pull out. i had nokya's and i loved em..... till one blew. now i gotta pick up another set. or could always get 6k fogs but i like the jdm yellow color. plus helps me see a lil better at night and i dont get sleepy as quick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.