8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

07 Sedan tail lights (direct fit for 2009?)

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  EdNaviEx 
#1 ·
Hello,

I tried the search and came up with nothing.

Had new tires installed at Honda (Turanza Serenities) and saw for the 1st time the revised tail lights on the 2009 sedan. The turn signals are now amber (they should have been from the beginning) and look identical to the 06'-08' ones. I got aftermarket tail lights with amber turn signals from ebay. They are not too "ricey" but I did noticed SOME ammounts of fog a couple of weeks ago on the inside lense when I was detailing. so i thought DAMNNNNNNNNIT. Anywho, I'm a firm believer of the adage "OEM parts are best"..............Anyone know if the 2009 tail lights will directly fit older Civics???? Thanks in advance!! :popcorn:

#2 ·
I don't see why not. From what I have seen in person and pics it looks like it should bolt up just fine. Generally what I have noticed from owning hondas in the past is that honda will have the same general body style for about a 4 year period so the lights should be interchangable. You could always contact the dealer.

#4 ·
09 tails will fit exactly the same as 06-08 tails.

the only difference as you stated, are the amber signals.

in fact, you only need to swap the outer assemblies if you have the stock lights on the car.

now headlights.... i think require almost a full frontal swap, but no one has confirmed that yet to my knowledge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.