8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

projectors??????????

930 views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Bman825 
#1 ·
I've searched around for projectors and im not sure what to go with any suggestions.

#7 ·
i have not seen the ebay lights personally ( i have retros that i did for my car) but b4 doing my retro, i too was looking around and just thought that ebay projector lights look cheap.. most likely bad cutoff.

again I dont know personally but i think retro is better than any ebay lights out there..

#10 ·
I've done some looking around on customlightz.com and hidillusionz and found kind of what I'm wanting. What can I expect to pay from a place like this for quads with angel eyes? I don't have the nuts to do the retro fitting myself...I can and do customize everything else but when you start messing with factory light angles that are made to be within the law...not my cup of tea

#11 ·
#13 ·
i spend about 350 doing my retro (excluding HID kit). but it all depends on what projectors you use and the parts you buy.

Why are you looking into a quad setup? is it because you want high and low to have use HID or is it because you like the way it looks?

I have bixenon projectors in my retrofit, meaning i have high and low beam in a single projectors. my inner reflectors on my headlights are only used for DRL now.

#14 ·
I want hids for the highs and lows BUT since I want to have the housing blacked out (I don't like the reflectors), I would need the lows cut out too. What I really want when it's all said and done is a headlight with black housing, the turning signal group cleared (except for the reflector to keep it legal), hid's in lows and highs, either angel eyes or blue leds to give it the blue look, and eyelids on top to make it look mean. So really, I guess the cutoff really wouldn't matter cuz I'm cutting it off with the eyelids anyway right? When it comes to the hint of blue along the cut off lines by having a colored projector lens, does that mean you will have a bluish look when coming from the other side of the street? I just want a bluish look (either through angel eyes, blue leds, a projector that gives it a bluish look, or whatever other ways you can get that look WITHOUT using hids above say 4000k but definitely no more than 6000k. Any suggestions for all of this lol?

#15 ·
Well any retrofit is really illegal. you are not supposed to take stock headlights and modify them. however you have less of a chance of running into any issues if you do it within legal requirements.. this is why a cutoff is very important. Eyelids will not give you a cutoff within legal requirements.

If you are going to do a quad setup, you will need 4 projectors. all of them single xenon (for the high beam you will have to remove ((dremel off)) the cutoff shield in order to get the open light out of the projector). I guess you can find projectors that are meant for high beam but usually the best ones to use are all single xenon (for low beam) or bixenon (low and high in one projector).

If you put BLUE leds in your lights that will really draw attention as you are only suppose to have white or amber in your headlights.. Anything Blue or Red will be considered illegal (cops use blue and red).

The blue on the cutoff is called a color mod.. ONLY the cutoff will have the color modification and the rest of the light will be whateva color your hID kit is. My hid is 6000. I have white light hitting the floor and a hint of blue only on the cutoff.

If you are really concerned with keeping it "legal" you might want to reconsider a few things.

#16 ·
Well, according to TN state law, as long as you can reasonbably distinguish the headlights from a distance of 200 feet in daylight, it is considered legal so I might just try and bypass all of this by buying tint for my headlights and having my local judge check it out and give me a letter of authorization to keep in my car so if anyone pulls me over, I can whip out the letter and they will let me go...hopefully :readtherules:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.