8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

DDM HID fogs install note FYI

6K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  C8V6C 
#1 ·
Just in case anyone else ran into the problem (I searched but didn't see anything) I figured I would post up the issue. *I wish I took pics, sorry.

This is for an 09 Si with the DDM setup.

I am not sure if all HID fogs are the same, but when I was installing my setup from DDM, the lights would not turn on at all....no flicker, noise, dim, etc. I have done the install for the headlamps, and it is almost the exact same, except the issue I had to overcome.

I called the company, and they recommended FLIPPING the switch from the original harness that gives power to the bulb to the HID end due to the vehicle having reverse polarity or something like that. I thought it was crazy, but figured what the hell, give it a try.

The clip on the HID setup has a small plastic "runner" (sorry, don't know the actual term) that needs to be removed. Its the piece that keeps the harness from going on the wrong way / one way (wrong in most cases, not this one), and only allows it to be clipped on one specific way.

We used a flat head screwdriver and slowly scratched that groove away.

Once you remove that groove, you can plug it in the opposite way, and the lights turn right up!

Hope that helped

CLIFFNOTES :

If your HID fogs aren't working after correct install, try removing the groove inside the HID plug to the OEM harness power plug to allow an upside down connection.

See less See more
#12 ·
did you get the slim ballast kit or the other one? is the difference just the size?

#15 ·
To my knowledge, the only difference is the ballast size. I got the regular size and it is small enough...not bulky in the slightest.

They ship the orders on Thursdays it seems, and only took 2-3days to arrive after theysaid they were gonna be shipping the items.

#14 ·
okay im still kinda confused but if i wanted hid fogs i would get this kit "DDM 35 and 55 Watt Slim Ballast HID Kit" right? and make sure its h11 55w right? but what does it mean by not having a harness? do i have to buy that harness that ddm also sells?

#22 ·
ddm
honda, toyota and all uSdm models have a different version than the chinese and japanese.
at least the cheapo chinese brands have some sense to check it before shipment and charge abit more than what most of them do which is buy wholesale for dirt cheap and sell them overpriced without checking anything.

#24 ·
How are DDM products compared to those from Xenon Depot or others. Also, for fogs or HIDS, did any of you guys buy seperate harness from DDM or just the ballasts and bulbs ?

Lastly, does DDM warranty covers the bulbs also or just the ballasts ? Im new to HIDs but definitely something I am looking at.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.