8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Blazer Retro Fog... What color HID?

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Leonard1818 
#1 ·
I just bought retro fogs and want to get an HID kit for them, probly 4300k or 6000k

Thoughts on which would look better?

The projectors are clearish/bluish with a hint of yellow in them...

I posted this in the HID section but I thought people here would have more ideas since most of those people don't have retro's

#6 ·
I'm gonna ask you, because you seem to be the most active on these threads (and I'm thinking one of the smartest too it seems)...

is 6000k a good choice if I am keeping my stock headlights?

I want a retrofit for them, but realistically it'll be a long time before I have a grand to spend

Basically, the headlights will be staying stock, as I've decided that getting HID's without a retro is kind of dumb (IMO)

Which color retro fog will best match the stock headlights, while giving me some good additional light?

#7 ·
I wouldn't go past 5,000K to be honest. But, if you want something nice to look at while having some improvement over your stock bulbs or any halogens to be honest, then get 6,000K for both fogs and headlights.
Just to warn ya, headlights are relayed and fused from the factory, fogs aren't

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.