8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

HID Fog Concern

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  09CivicSiSedan 
#1 · (Edited)
3000k HID Fog Bulb

Hey guys,

Before you state "Search", I have. I am about to purchase some hid fog lights. My one questions is, how should I go about mounting the ballasts? Should I follow the normal procedure like we do when mounting HIDs for the headlights? I will be purchasing HID bulbs for the headlights in a little bit as well.

Basically I'm asking where I should mount both ballasts as I will be going completely HID for the front of the car. Thanks!

#2 ·
I have an 09 as well, and did the install. Take a look at this note I did, in case your car runs into the same scenario :

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/lighting-h-i-d-s-neon/128974-ddm-hid-fogs-install-note-fyi.html

I mounted the ballasts to the metal bumpers right behind the fogs...dunno if it was correct or not, but seems like it should keep it from water and etc

The plug and play is the exact same as the headlights, unless you run into the same prob that I did, then you reverse one plug and then it is the same

Hope that helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.