8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Question on OEM fog lights

889 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  my08Si 
#1 ·
I have a question about factory fog lights. AFAIK all the OEM kits come with a stalk and are meant to be installed that way. Problem is, if the fogs were meant to be installed using the stalk, why did Honda decide to add additional switch plates next the the VSA button? Is it because Honda knew people wanted to do modding, or if they have another type of OEM kit that uses switches instead of the stalk?

Also, I'm about to order a set of fogs. Before I do so however I'd like to know the differences between OEM and aftermarket lights. The ones I currently know of are:

1. OEM stalk vs aftermarket switch
2. Bulb rings (OEMS have black shielding around the bulbs)

Are there any other notable differences?

#2 · (Edited)
08s and some 07s uses the stalk because they don't have those additional switch plates. I think the only differences are the aftermarket ones have one less wire, does not show the fog light icon on the dash and that they can turn on with the parking lights if you leave them on. but please, do feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.