8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Clear up confusion on the 9005 Nokya JDM yellow bulbs..

17K views 26 replies 19 participants last post by  JDMcbpfa_562 
#1 ·
so i went to pick these up .. (nokya 2500k "80w" bulbs)

and there has been confusion over the wattage of the bulbs & the electrical issues on if it gonna like melt your harness or whatever... because our stock high beams is 60W.... and the nokya's are advertised at 80W...
so as i went to take em off the car today (thinking ooooo.. its gonna melt my harness if i keep the headlights on for a long time) [not DRLs.. they only run at about 25% or whatever power?] i took out the bulbs .. thinking i'd exchange for the luminics jdm yellow 65W bulbs... but when i looked at the bulb rating ON the bulb, it reads "NOKYA 65W , 8AC " .. so im like oh . okay? and i called the place i bought my bulbs at to confirm.. and they still saying its 80w?...
i guess its safer than i thought to use the nokya bulbs. but yeah thers still a chance u can melt ur harness if u drive in darkapoo areas with your highs on all the time .. 5watt difference?

can anyone confirm the wattage of the luminics? (what it says on the bulb)

See less See more
#5 ·
yes i bought them already,
i was just about to return it today and pulled it out of my car
only to notice the 65w on the bulbs.. and i stuck it back in :dance:
and now i am a happy camper.. hahaha
good to hear that their safe to use.. if my harness melts...
im going to :eek:mg:... doubt it tho..
i love the output/colour from it... much like your dp :)

#15 ·
I used to have Nokya 9005 & 9006 on my ex-ride on both high & low beam. Have been using them for 3 years, never had problem with high beam, but the low beam plugs were starting to melt and the connectors were toasted.
Now on my 07 FA, i only installed the nokya on my high beam (DRL).

Here is a picture of Nokya yellow bulb installed on my FA

#21 ·
they are 65w power draw and supposed to be advertising as 80w output light, so it runs 65w same as stock, same way piaa bulbs say 55wactual=110w light output, theyre 55w bulbs at a high effficency for a sales pitch of some kind. they are same to use(becareful getting nokya stage 2,3,4 bulbs they arent stock wattages) just thought this shound be cleared up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.