8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Cutting the plastic foglight hole (fg2)

5K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  wilsontieu 
#1 ·
I've searched around, but a lot of threads simply say use an exacto knife and cut it out, but I'm not sure exactly where I'm supposed to cut. There is the plastic circle, but then a small outer ring as well. Do i just cut out the circle in the center or do I cut along the outer ring and basically cut out the whole thing?

#21 ·
My suggestion, not to sound like a smartass, if you really have no idea of how to do something with the utmost confidence, please consult professional help. It is far less expensive to pay a pro to do the job right then save the initial dollars and have to repair or replace something you have messed up. Please remember this for next time.

#23 · (Edited)
A lot of people have said before that even without any professional experience or any experience for that matter at jobs like this have been able to follow the DIY and instructions, so I figured I would give it a shot.

And I'm not even asking about the wiring, or whatever...

I'm just asking a simple quesiton about the hole... and several members on the forums have said I've cut it correctly... and some pictures state otherwise..

I'm just trying to clear things up for myself.

Yes... I've been through the DIY and the collegehills instruction booklets a thousand times.... The DIY doesn't tell you specifically where to cut, and if you look at the collegehill instructions... they show you one convincing diagram which looked like you were SUPPOSED to cut it like I did.

Again, I'm just unsure about this since a few members have told me to cut along the yellow as shown before, yet some pictures tell me otherwise.

#26 ·
i as well followed the collegehillshonda instructions instead of really looking at the DIYs. and in collegehills instruction it shows that it cuts around the yellow lines. i only helped out once in doing fogs for one of my friends and im sure he cut pretty close around the yellow lines to and did not have any problems. but after seeing those pictures in the DIYs seems like it is cut around the red lines. i think you should also confirm this with mike/bart as they ahve done this hundreds of times compared to my 1 time.

#27 ·
thanks pete, yeah what im looking for is some more confirmation, but I guess it doesn't make much of a difference since I already cut it out.

A lot of other people said that you cut along the yellow.. but the pictures make it seem like u cut along the red.

waiting on the ideas/thoughts of others who have done this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.