8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

New 8th Gen Owners - Post them UP!

759K views 2K replies 1K participants last post by  marksfg2 
#1 ·
For all the new 2006 Civic Owners- Let's dump all the photos into one thread. Show off your rides in this thread. :driving:

#2 ·
My White 06 Civic EX Sedan

So I bought my 06 white civic ex sedan auto. w/ navigation on Oct. 10 from a Honda dealer in Ohio. I went to www.carsdirect.com and their "target price" was $19,839, $1,271 off of the sticker price. The local dealer that carsdirect.com referred me to honored that price.

Installed Genuine H.I.D. Xenon Headlights 12K (white-purple) right away. Night vision improved DRAMATICALLY. I highly recommend. Easy plug and play kit takes 15 min. to install costs $350 mail order. No need for headlight adjustment. Looks great and gets a lot of looks. (disclaimer- D.O.T has ruled that only factory installed xenon headlights are "street legal"). Replaced (***) Daytime Running Lights (which are hard wired and cannot be disabled) with Super White bulbs to get rid of the yellowish light that stock halogen bulbs have. Also got windows tinted.

I drive about 25,000 miles a year, so it's important to me to have a comfortable car. I wasn't looking to buy a Civic, as I had just recently sold my 2002 BMW 325Ci Sport Coupe. I was going to buy a 2006 BMW 325i Sedan, but held off for a few weeks to check out the new Lexus IS and Mercedes C-class sedans. I stopped by a Honda dealership to look at a S2000, but then I saw the new Civic. I couldn't believe it was a Civic. I took it for a test drive, and there's where it started. After doing financial calculations, I decided that I was buying a Civic. I was saving $310 a month on car payment and $100 a month on gas. That's almost $15,000 over the next 3 years. Went and bought the car the next day.

I am really happy with my Civic. I average 32mpg, and 42mpg on long trips. The engine and the 5 speed automatic transmission are very smooth. Power is decent, but is great considering the gas mileage. Car handles nice, is quiet on the highway, and handles bumps suprisingly well. Navigation system is awesome! The interior looks great and the seats are comfortable. I really enjoy the huge window viewing area in this car. The low dash on the car gives a really great forward view. The 2 tier gauge cluster with digital speedometer works well also. I can watch my mph with my peripheral vision easily. The steering mounted stereo and voice navigation controls are very handy also. Overall, I think this car is the most bang for your buck. It's also fun to drive.

Attachments

#9 ·
~racnjsn04~ said:
Why is this?
cuz tint that has metal in it causes the sat signal to bounce around and not
go into the reciever properly.
Basically the car and the sat. will not know where u are percisely....

sometimes i will be about 200 yards away from my destination, but yet my car will think i have arrived to destination already..
no biggie really...

#10 · (Edited)
'06 Civic Coupe, Auto, Navi, Galaxy Grey. No dealer installed accessories. Finally found a compatible PC Card adapter and now listen to MP3's primarily from a 1GB secure digital card. Sound through the auxillary iPod input using my Nana is awesome too. Can't wait for the full iPod interface next month. What's the big deal with XM? It sounds like FM and the variety sucks. Car rides and handles great. Really comfortable and quiet. The navigation system is badass. First tank of gas yielded 33.2 MPG. Two more pics in next post.

Attachments

#14 ·
#16 ·
BlackWheelz said:
'06 Civic Coupe, Auto, Navi, Galaxy Grey. No dealer installed accessories. Finally found a compatible PC Card adapter and now listen to MP3's primarily from a 1GB secure digital card. Sound through the auxillary iPod input using my Nana is awesome too. Can't wait for the full iPod interface next month. What's the big deal with XM? It sounds like FM and the variety sucks. Car rides and handles great. Really comfortable and quiet. The navigation system is badass. First tank of gas yielded 33.2 MPG. Two more pics in next post.

Welcome to the site, BlackWheelz :wavey:

Thanks for the write-up and pics of your brand new car! Looks nice. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.