8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

5 Months till project Show Civic

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  NA06Si 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone! My name is Kevin. I have always hated Hondas. Always until this new generation Civic came out. As Time has gone by I have found myself liking it more and more. I used to have a 2003 Dodge Neon SXT in which i put a lot of work into. You can see it here http://www.cardomain.com/ride/545998 I traded it in for a 2005 Jeep Liberty. I love my Jeep but with crappy mileage and a high payment and high maintenance costs its time to get rid of the Libby. Not to mention the fact i miss the sport compact tuning scene. I will keep the Jeep through the winter and in April trade it in on a 2008 Civic LX Coupe in Atomic Blue and Automatic Transmission. I had narrowed down my choices between an 08 VW Rabbit or an 08 Civic. The Civic's gas mileage and aftermarket availability is what made me choose it over the Rabbit as well as the fact I like the way the Civic looks better. There is no doubting the rep and reliablity of the Civic so I'm sure I have made the right decision.

With that said I have found your site and am looking for guidance in working on my project. I have 5 months to prepare and research to get it going. I am building this car more for show and not go because i will get an extended warranty and plan on keeping it. Only performance mods I will be doing is a CAI and Cat-back Exhaust. And possibly a chip if there is any that actually will provide some gains and be easy to remove when it comes time to be serviced. For the first year I will do some minor I.C.E. work, tint, all the items listed below, and what ever else i can afford to. The following year I hope to do an upgraded braking system, major I.C.E. work, racing seats, and god knows what.Heres the list of stuff i need help in researching..........

CAI & Exhaust - What is the best CAI for this motor? As for Cat-back, what is the size of the stock piping? what is the optimal size piping for this engine 2.25" or 2.5" and what is the best system to get for under $400? What type of gains can i expect from this engine with the CAI and cat back exhaust upgrades in terms of performance (hp & torque) and also MPG gains?

Body Kit - I really like the look of the Raven Style body kit found on bodykits.com. Does anyone know if the rear on that kit is just a lip or if it replaces the whole rear bumper?Any z3 style fenders available for this vehicle? any cooler than stock aftermarket mirrors? Cheap carbon fiber hood?

Lighting - What projectors are available and also tail lights?

Wheels - what size wheels can we fit on these cars and what is the offset to get? I'm thinking anything from 17"-19". what are the pros and cons of each? how wide of a wheel can I get and what tire sizes are good?

Lambo door kits - whats available?

Nitrous - Cheap kit with a small size bottle. I only want to use it to purge out the vents in the z3 fenders or front bumper. (flame suit on) :popcorn:

That's the basics for now. I don't want to spend more than $4,000 on all the above items. I think that is reasonable but will find out the cost of everything in the upcoming months. Sorry for the long post and Thanks in advance for your help. I hope to learn a lot about my future new vehicle on this site. Also i have a friend who owns a 2007 Honda Element and is looking for a CAI and exhaust but had no luck finding one so if anyone knows of any please let me know also. Thanks! :thumb:

See less See more
#3 ·
thanks for the warm and fuzzy friendly hello. yes i am for real. Not everyone who is into cars is into them for the performance aspect of it. I will never be doing 140mph down the road or driving like an ass. No need to make the car superfast for me. I like to customize the look of my cars. I've won several show trophies with my neon and want to do the same with the civic. Say rice all you want but i told you from the beginning my approach is for show and not go. I may not be able to race you but i will look good in your rear view mirror. lol

If you don't like it then fine so be it. I would appreciate some help though in finding some info on the list i provided. Does anyone have any useful info for me or shall i continue to find a better forum in which everyone isnt a piece of **** looking to bash everyone else. So if you cant already tell i dont care what kind of insults you throw at me its what i like, my car, my style. its my cup of tea. if it aint yours then put the cup down and move on. I much prefer to turn heads everywhere i go and have people compliment me on how nice my car looks just like when i had my neon, instead of people saying look at that ******* speeding down the road almost causing accidents.

As far as warranty is concerned they cant void your warranty for changing the look of the car. know the laws son.

so u guys care to actually provide me with some help?

#4 ·
fasto82 said:
thanks for the warm and fuzzy friendly hello. yes i am for real. Not everyone who is into cars is into them for the performance aspect of it. I will never be doing 140mph down the road or driving like an ass. No need to make the car superfast for me. I like to customize the look of my cars. I've won several show trophies with my neon and want to do the same with the civic. Say rice all you want but i told you from the beginning my approach is for show and not go. I may not be able to race you but i will look good in your rear view mirror. lol

If you don't like it then fine so be it. I would appreciate some help though in finding some info on the list i provided. Does anyone have any useful info for me or shall i continue to find a better forum in which everyone isnt a piece of **** looking to bash everyone else. So if you cant already tell i dont care what kind of insults you throw at me its what i like, my car, my style. its my cup of tea. if it aint yours then put the cup down and move on. I much prefer to turn heads everywhere i go and have people compliment me on how nice my car looks just like when i had my neon, instead of people saying look at that ******* speeding down the road almost causing accidents.

As far as warranty is concerned they cant void your warranty for changing the look of the car. know the laws son.

so u guys care to actually provide me with some help?
You're right, your cup of tea clearly isn't most of ours, however you will find some help on this site, but you need to dig. The mods you are looking to do are not popular and frankly most people (in and out) of the tuner community will label it "rice". I'm not trying to knock you, as doing something different should be looked at with an open mind, but you attacking people back is only going to make it worse. Check the marketplace section for interior and exterior sale items, also check specified sections for items not for sale, such as DIY's.

As far as your comment about the warranty, you should actually know the law SON. They cannot void your warranty unless they prove your modification caused it.

#6 ·
I don't understand why people are being so mean ...ne ways...a lot of the things that you stated can definitely be found on this website but you need to search...using the search button to find useful threads will prob be more helpful then asking for help from ppl b/c they'll just bash you ...also..you'll prob gain more knowledge that way. things like CAI and Exhausts are really opinionated as far as which one is "best". so its better for you to decide on which one you want based on your own research.

#7 ·
xinsungx said:
I don't understand why people are being so mean ...ne ways...a lot of the things that you stated can definitely be found on this website but you need to search...using the search button to find useful threads will prob be more helpful then asking for help from ppl b/c they'll just bash you ...also..you'll prob gain more knowledge that way. things like CAI and Exhausts are really opinionated as far as which one is "best". so its better for you to decide on which one you want based on your own research.

:yeahthat:

There are actually threads for both of those specifically, with prices, performance info, and some sound bites..

#8 · (Edited)
fasto82 said:
Hello everyone! My name is Kevin. I have always hated Hondas. Always until this new generation Civic came out. As Time has gone by I have found myself liking it more and more. I used to have a 2003 Dodge Neon SXT in which i put a lot of work into. You can see it here http://www.cardomain.com/ride/545998 I traded it in for a 2005 Jeep Liberty. I love my Jeep but with crappy mileage and a high payment and high maintenance costs its time to get rid of the Libby. Not to mention the fact i miss the sport compact tuning scene. I will keep the Jeep through the winter and in April trade it in on a 2008 Civic LX Coupe in Atomic Blue and Automatic Transmission. I had narrowed down my choices between an 08 VW Rabbit or an 08 Civic. The Civic's gas mileage and aftermarket availability is what made me choose it over the Rabbit as well as the fact I like the way the Civic looks better. There is no doubting the rep and reliablity of the Civic so I'm sure I have made the right decision.

With that said I have found your site and am looking for guidance in working on my project. I have 5 months to prepare and research to get it going. I am building this car more for show and not go because i will get an extended warranty and plan on keeping it. Only performance mods I will be doing is a CAI and Cat-back Exhaust. And possibly a chip if there is any that actually will provide some gains and be easy to remove when it comes time to be serviced. For the first year I will do some minor I.C.E. work, tint, all the items listed below, and what ever else i can afford to. The following year I hope to do an upgraded braking system, major I.C.E. work, racing seats, and god knows what.Heres the list of stuff i need help in researching..........

CAI & Exhaust - What is the best CAI for this motor? As for Cat-back, what is the size of the stock piping? what is the optimal size piping for this engine 2.25" or 2.5" and what is the best system to get for under $400? What type of gains can i expect from this engine with the CAI and cat back exhaust upgrades in terms of performance (hp & torque) and also MPG gains?

Body Kit - I really like the look of the Raven Style body kit found on bodykits.com. Does anyone know if the rear on that kit is just a lip or if it replaces the whole rear bumper?Any z3 style fenders available for this vehicle? any cooler than stock aftermarket mirrors? Cheap carbon fiber hood?

Lighting - What projectors are available and also tail lights?

Wheels - what size wheels can we fit on these cars and what is the offset to get? I'm thinking anything from 17"-19". what are the pros and cons of each? how wide of a wheel can I get and what tire sizes are good?

Lambo door kits - whats available?

Nitrous - Cheap kit with a small size bottle. I only want to use it to purge out the vents in the z3 fenders or front bumper. (flame suit on) :popcorn:

That's the basics for now. I don't want to spend more than $4,000 on all the above items. I think that is reasonable but will find out the cost of everything in the upcoming months. Sorry for the long post and Thanks in advance for your help. I hope to learn a lot about my future new vehicle on this site. Also i have a friend who owns a 2007 Honda Element and is looking for a CAI and exhaust but had no luck finding one so if anyone knows of any please let me know also. Thanks! :thumb:

wow...are all of you guys this much of an ******* in real life? if someone asks you guys for advice in real life, is this how all of you respond back for some simple questions/advice? if ur not going to answer his questions and make critical comments, just dont respond at all and keep it to yourself. This guy is new to the site and just recently got an 8th gen civic...you guys are making not only this 8thcivic site look bad but other civic owners as well by criticizing and making unnecessary, ignorant comments. just answer this mans questions. If he wants to spend $4000 on something that he obvisouly loves doing, then let him spend it. Yes its not our cup of tea for most of us on this site, but its his so help him out if u can and not flame him. Would you want someone flaming and criticizing you if u just want a simple advice for something you love to do?

Anyways...

1. Most of the people on this site have the Injen CAI in their car. There's an SRI thats made by xfactoryx guy thats supposedly makes a lot more power. The Greddy EVO catback will give you a slight performance gain, but the advantage is that its not as loud as most catbacks that are out in the market at the moment. There are a lot of options now so doing your research would be more helpful. Searching this site will give you a lot of opinions from people that have different types of catback exhausts.

2. There are a few aftermarket bodykits out there...but if u want my opinion the HFP bodykit will look the best out of all of em in your coupe. Seibon makes a few carbon fiber hoods and trunk also. as far as i know there no z3 fenders and mirrors.

3. Lighting...customlightz.com customizes your headlights..tsx projectors, etc....i have AP1 s2k projectors in mine with yellow LEDs around my high beams...however, it was not done customlightz...talk to BIONIC...hes one of the customlightz guys that does all that...he can do anything you want with your headlights...plus it helps with the output and see A LOT better at night...my main reason of getting AP1 s2k projectors because its the holy grail of all projectors.

4. any wheels will do...but going JDM will do...a la Works, Mugen, etc.

5. lambo doors? i wouldnt do it...but just search different companies that does all that.

just do all your searches on this site...theres A LOT good luck

#9 ·
You will find most of the information you are looking for under the 'Civic Style' banner with forum thread subjects for mostly aesthetic modifications (Inside & out, audio equipment, lighting, wheels, etc.) There are some good Do It Yourself articles as well that should help. Good luck with your project and welcome to the 8th.

#12 ·
Also if you are doing lambo doors do them right, go automatic on them..

there is a sponsore on here that sells the kits starting at $899 for the basic and $1,999 for the automatics..

Catbacks for the R18, most people will say the greaddy ti-c but i don't like the way it looks..

Intakes made by injen or fujita are the best for the R18..

Rims i will say don't go past 18"

Bodykits. what ever you like there are many, but if you are going for show car then the honda one is not for your since is not as wild as the others..

Headlights, like someone mention get a retro it is expensinve but its worth the money, of if you are looking for something cheap then go to ebay and oder some angel eye projectors..

Hoods and trunks in carbon fibers can be found on some of the sponsor sites on here..

#13 ·
"11. Flaming will not be tolerated for any reason. Users who verbally assault other posters on a regular basis will be banned. Name-calling is not acceptable. Moderator's judgment applies here. "You are wrong" is not a personal attack; "You are an idiot" is. Forum-wide abuse of this rule will result in the enforcement of the Zero-tolerance policy found here."

consider that a warning for everyone that got their post deleted... you know who u are... if u don't like what a member is doing to their car then u can hit the "X" at the top right of your screen... you don't need to let them know your opinions on style or approach to their vehicle if that is the case...

to the OP the use of the search feature would be your best friend here as many of the questions you asked have been answered already...

if there is any problem with a member or a post use the little
to the bottom left of that users post...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.