Hybrid-Racing 3.5 intake - Page 38 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Bolt-Ons And All-Motor > Intake & Spacer Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 11:39 PM   #741 (permalink)

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar-Dar View Post
The diameter of that hole is 1". You can definitely plug it with some sort of rubber plug.
Or buy another MAF ;D
Yamahaplaya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #742 (permalink)
8thcivic Sponsor

russ
Quote:
Originally Posted by KorFonly View Post
I ordered my CAI on monday and by now I'm wondering if there is any option for us who are no longer running a MAF but are running a IAT?
We designed the intake with the intention of the customer using their MAF as their IAT. That's not your only option though! Since different people run different IAT's, it's hard to make a one size fits all adapter plate. When we release our RSX CAI, I know we will include an adapter so that the RSX IAT can be used on our bypass manifold.

That said, an expanding rubber plug will stop up the hole and not block airflow at all. This one, made by Dorman is only $2.50 and should work like a charm: Buy Dorman - Autograde Rubber Expansion Plug 1 In. - Size Range 1 In. - 1-1/8 In. 02600 at Advance Auto Parts

Since the CAI is silicone, inserting any IAT is a breeze. Just drill a hole to suit and push in your IAT. That's how we've done it on our k-swap cold air intakes for years.

~russ
hrRUSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #743 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrRUSS View Post
We designed the intake with the intention of the customer using their MAF as their IAT. That's not your only option though! Since different people run different IAT's, it's hard to make a one size fits all adapter plate. When we release our RSX CAI, I know we will include an adapter so that the RSX IAT can be used on our bypass manifold.

That said, an expanding rubber plug will stop up the hole and not block airflow at all. This one, made by Dorman is only $2.50 and should work like a charm: Buy Dorman - Autograde Rubber Expansion Plug 1 In. - Size Range 1 In. - 1-1/8 In. 02600 at Advance Auto Parts

Since the CAI is silicone, inserting any IAT is a breeze. Just drill a hole to suit and push in your IAT. That's how we've done it on our k-swap cold air intakes for years.

~russ
Thank you HR. Great customer service!
KorFonly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #744 (permalink)

Roll
-Delete-

Last edited by rsr552; 02-14-2013 at 05:40 PM.
rsr552 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013, 05:39 PM   #745 (permalink)
8thcivic Sponsor

russ
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsr552 View Post
Sorry...did not quite follow all that...so if i have stock MAF/Stock everything.... i will need to buy that plug by Dorman?

noob status -_-
If you are running the stock MAF, you are good to go. Just install the intake, upload a MAP-based calibration to your ECU where the MAP uses the MAF's internal IAT (this is very common) and you're good to go. If you have flashpro, still have your MAF hooked up, and you have our intake, you'll need nothing else besides the calibration. No plugs, additional hardware etc. will be needed.
~russ
Old 02-14-2013, 05:42 PM   #746 (permalink)

Roll
Quote:
If you are running the stock MAF, you are good to go. Just install the intake, upload a MAP-based calibration to your ECU where the MAP uses the MAF's internal IAT (this is very common) and you're good to go. If you have flashpro, still have your MAF hooked up, and you have our intake, you'll need nothing else besides the calibration. No plugs, additional hardware etc. will be needed.
~russ
Thanks for answering the noob question russ lol ... I realized what you meant like 5 seconds before you responded!... HR FTW
Old 02-15-2013, 02:11 AM   #747 (permalink)

i ordered mine on Feb 7. just wondering if im on 1st batch.
FFej is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013, 02:22 AM   #748 (permalink)

I ordered mine through corsport on feb. 4th I'd also like to know if I am considered first batch
bluehatchback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013, 03:16 AM   #749 (permalink)

after installing this intake are there any spots where the cai silicone tubing comes into contact with another part, possibly rubbing each other?
getodachopa-SI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013, 07:57 AM   #750 (permalink)

Ian
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehatchback View Post
I ordered mine through corsport on feb. 4th I'd also like to know if I am considered first batch
You'll have to contact corsport. Hybrid Racing only knows about the people who ordered through them, not one of their distributors.
ijm5012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013, 07:58 AM   #751 (permalink)

Ian
Russ, so I take it the intakes aren't shipping out today.

Any idea of when they'll ship?
Old 02-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #752 (permalink)
8thcivic Sponsor

russ
Ok, I just interrogated a bunch of the guys who are in charge of the logistics of this stuff and got some dates for you guys.

Preorder cutoff date:
If we (hybrid racing) received an order on or before February 10th, you are in the first shipment of 30 units we'll be sending out. If you ordered through one of our vendors, you will need to see when they sent the PO to us to find out if you are in the first batch. If you ordered from a vendor on Feb 10th, but they didn't send us a PO until Feb 11th, then you would not be in the first batch. We have no way of knowing if a vendor's PO is for your intake or for someone else. You should contact the vendor you ordered from if you are unsure if you are in the first batch.

Shipping dates:
Right now, we have everything minus some small silicone tubing (for valve cover breathers and such), hose clamps, and velocity stacks. The shipping manager says his conservative estimate on the delivery of that stuff is March 1 for the first batch, and March 14 for the 2nd batch. We're going to have everything boxed up and ready to go before then so that we can start shipping ASAP once those parts arrive.

Sorry for the delay on these guys. We got blindsided when the company supplying filters and velocity stacks failed to mention that the shipment they sent a few days back did not include velocity stacks. We're going to toss a bunch of awesome sauce in all the boxes for everyone being such good sports about it.

~russ
Old 02-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #753 (permalink)
8thcivic Sponsor

russ
Quote:
Originally Posted by getodachopa-SI View Post
after installing this intake are there any spots where the cai silicone tubing comes into contact with another part, possibly rubbing each other?
The silicone from the cold air intake can contact the supplied radiator hose slightly, and the silicone on the inlet section of the cold air intake will contact the chassis slightly where it passes through the fender well. We've been monitoring all of the test vehicles for long-term effects of this and are pleased to say that the light weight, flexibility, and softness of the silicone intake has all worked together to prevent any issues from contact.

~russ
Old 02-15-2013, 11:32 AM   #754 (permalink)

Special.K
Quote:
Ok, I just interrogated a bunch of the guys who are in charge of the logistics of this stuff and got some dates for you guys.

Preorder cutoff date:
If we (hybrid racing) received an order on or before February 10th, you are in the first shipment of 30 units we'll be sending out. If you ordered through one of our vendors, you will need to see when they sent the PO to us to find out if you are in the first batch. If you ordered from a vendor on Feb 10th, but they didn't send us a PO until Feb 11th, then you would not be in the first batch.

Shipping dates:
Right now, we have everything minus some small silicone tubing (for valve cover breathers and such), hose clamps, and velocity stacks. The shipping manager says his conservative estimate on the delivery of that stuff is March 1 for the first batch, and March 14 for the 2nd batch. We're going to have everything boxed up and ready to go before then so that we can start shipping ASAP once those parts arrive.

Sorry for the delay on these guys. We got blindsided when the company supplying filters and velocity stacks failed to mention that the shipment they sent a few days back did not include velocity stacks. We're going to toss a bunch of awesome sauce in all the boxes for everyone being such good sports about it.

~russ

oh rly? Russ your awesomeness! thank you for the update sir. im seriously looking forward to this intake being on my car.
killin is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #755 (permalink)
8thcivic Sponsor

russ
Quote:
Originally Posted by killin View Post
oh rly? Russ your awesomeness! thank you for the update sir. im seriously looking forward to this intake being on my car.
No problemo. I'm bummed these aren't shipping out sooner because I know a few guys here are dying to install theirs. Everything we're receiving is looking top notch though, so I know you guys will really get pumped when it shows up.

~russ
Old 02-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #756 (permalink)

Special.K
Quote:
No problemo. I'm bummed these aren't shipping out sooner because I know a few guys here are dying to install theirs. Everything we're receiving is looking top notch though, so I know you guys will really get pumped when it shows up.

~russ
Farking im just waiting on the install guide so i can get a idea of whats going on for installation
killin is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #757 (permalink)
8thcivic Sponsor

russ
Quote:
Originally Posted by killin View Post
Farking im just waiting on the install guide so i can get a idea of whats going on for installation
Install basically goes like this:
  1. Drain coolant (just loosen drain bolt on the bottom of the radiator and drain into pan)
  2. Remove battery (2 nuts for j-hooks, 2 bolts for terminal clamps)
  3. Remove Coolant reservoir (no bolts, slides out)
  4. Remove OEM battery tray (3 or 4 bolts)
  5. Remove bumper (something like 4 bolts/screws and a dozen plastic clips)
  6. Remove stock airbox behind fender, filter housing on top of tranny, and all OEM intake tubing (probably 6 bolts total to remove, maybe 3 or 4 hose clamps)
  7. Remove OEM MAF and MAF screws from OEM intake (1 electrical connector, 2 screws)
  8. Remove upper radiator hose (2 hose clamps)
  9. (optional) move chassis ground connection points that are behind battery tray
  10. Install battery tray (goes in with 2 bolts)
  11. Install battery (2 nuts for j-hooks, 2 bolts for terminal clamps)
  12. Attach coolant reservoir to new battery tray (slides in)
  13. Install new upper radiator hose (2 hose clamps)
  14. Install entire intake from top minus the filter and v-stack (3 hose clamps)
  15. Install valve cover vent tube, breather tube, and MAF (4 hose clamps, 2 screws, 1 connector)
  16. Install v-stack and filter (1 hose clamp)
  17. Reattach bumper (something like 4 bolts/screws and a dozen plastic clips)
  18. Pour coolant back in and burp system
  19. Make sure you have a MAP-based calibration in flash-pro before starting back up
  20. Tune
  21. VROOOOOMMMMMM.....BWAHHHHHHHHH

We'll have a fully illustrated guide available on our site before the 1st batch is delivered.

~russ
Old 02-15-2013, 12:07 PM   #758 (permalink)

Roll
u mean FlashPro right? not k-pro?...
Old 02-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #759 (permalink)
8thcivic Sponsor

russ
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsr552 View Post
u mean FlashPro right? not k-pro?...
Ha, yes, flash pro. We use both often here, so we tend to use the names interchangeably here and we know what the other person means. Kind of our own language. lol. Sorry for the confusion!
Old 02-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #760 (permalink)

Ian
Thanks for the update Russ. Kinda bummed that I won't be receiving it sooner, but nothing I can do about it so oh well.

Either way, I'm very excited to receive this kit and get it installed. Should be a breeze going from my ImportDPS set up to this. I'll check back for updates, in hopes that the units ship out before March 1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.