8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

RRC Vs. Skunk2 Manifold

26K views 115 replies 32 participants last post by  w00t692 
#1 ·
hey guys I am looking into upgrading my intake manifold and would like some suggestions ... before looking at the rrc or the skunk2 I had ITB's in mind but they are just too much work to maintain... so please help me decide between the RRC or the Skunk2 Manifold. thanks

#10 ·
Don't take it personal but I didn't mind checking the s2 mani out just for my own knowledge.I understand the animosity towards s2 but they haven't gave me a raw deal to date.I already experienced the Rrc and I wanted to do a physical comparison instead of asking.

#14 ·
I just went with it cause its black, my valve cover is black, throttle body and intake tube black, fuel rail black LoL! Maybe when I get a k24 block and better cams I will benefit from the Skunk2 combo? I mean, I'm still pushing out 220hp+ without cams.

Until then....its the frickin weekend! Too bad I have to wait to get my shifter cables in to enjoy it! :beer:

#44 ·
I didnt think the s2 manifold was that bad or is it just me ....I have s2 manifold ..
I'm curious about this comment as well. I understand the distrust of Skunk2 as a company, no doubt about it. I also understand the negative opinion of their throttle body and cams, as the issues are numerous and well-documented.

But regarding just the IM, I've never heard of anyone having issues. I'm running one in my car, no fitment problems, no leaks, etc.

That said, can't argue with most of the points being made in this thread. I'm an OEM fan, and the RRC vs. S2 tradeoff has been well defined already in this thread (heavily built vs. what most of us are running, lack of PVC connection, etc). You won't go wrong with the RRC, that's for sure.

Anyways, I just wanted to speak up and point out that while there have been problems with other S2 products, the IM isn't one of them, as far as I know.

#34 ·
“Where is the inlet for the PCV valve?”
SKUNK2: The PCV valve inlet is in the factory location, however, the crankcase breather fitting has been eliminated.

Thats straight off the website. I really am not trying to start a flame war. Being that the RRC is slightly less expensive I guess go with that one but if you come up on a skunk 2 that is slightly used and cheaper then I prolly wouldn't pass it up. Remember these are only opinions. If they make the same power PRICE should be the determining factor. IMHO. BTW......I just bought a used skunk2 for about 100$ cheaper than a brand new RRC. Deals are out there if you find them at the right time.

#38 ·
none of those tests were on a factory z3 engine. all were performed on high compression rsx's, k24 swaps, or stage 2 cammed engines. its already been established that skunk 2 will make more power with aggressive supporting mods. but on factory z3 w/ bolt ons, rrc will make same power with a better low end torque curve. it should be a pretty straight forward decision. if your ever planning to use "aggressive cams", get a skunk2. if not, get the rrc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.