8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

RRC Vs. Skunk2 Manifold

26K views 115 replies 32 participants last post by  w00t692 
#1 ·
hey guys I am looking into upgrading my intake manifold and would like some suggestions ... before looking at the rrc or the skunk2 I had ITB's in mind but they are just too much work to maintain... so please help me decide between the RRC or the Skunk2 Manifold. thanks

#98 ·
S2 has huge walls to port. The Rrc can be ported but there is a very thin limit. From whatnot been told by several top shops. The skunk2 has overall greater potential for porting. When left alone they both are quite even in proven numbers. Everyone has a preference. Mine was S2 combo. Even though the TB is given me issues sometimes when initially cranking and throttle. I often have to retry cranking over.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.com App

#99 ·
There is so much win in this thread. Love all the friendly back and forth and sharing of knowledge in this thread and site in general. +1 to all of you.

BRO TIP #1335 Cars are like family it's chill to make fun of your own, but **** might get real if you make fun of someone else's.

#103 ·
im running the pro series mani with DBW tb also have the AEM V2 cai with upper radiator hose replacement, now i dont think it sits lower than the RBC i just think it has shorter runners so i cant run my CAI w/o hitting my shifter linkage, what is every one els running for intake? short ram?

#104 ·
It didn't occur to me that the S2's shorter runners would actually affect the fitment of the CAI's. Come to think of it, alot of pics I've seen of S2 IM's have the importdps style intakes on them. Interesting, I originally thought everything would be in the same place as OEM.

#105 ·
Yeah I'm running a custom intake similar to the ImportDPS Intensity (45 degree elbow, 3.5" pipe, filter behind the headlight, battery relocated per PW:JDM relocation kit). I haven't tried running any off-the-shelf aftermarket intakes with the Skunk2 IM, so I have no idea how it affects fitment. But if you're running a RRC/Skunk2 IM, and a large TB, it doesn't make sense to run a smaller intake (in my humble opinion), go custom or pick up the ImportDPS or some other 3.5" intake.

#106 ·
^ so your shooting the 45 elbow back twords the headlight with the relocate kit? what upper raidi hose are you using? also what are you doing for the MAF sensor? Note: the AEM V2 cai is 76mm, the S2 DBW tb is 72mm inlet and 70mm outlet (manifold side) so im not using a smaller intake than my tb, but i know what you are saying and right now my intake is choked down just to rig up my cai into a short ram style which goes back to the firewall

thanks for the imput

#107 ·
Yep, I just bought a piece of 3.5" aluminum piping from Vibrant, and had a local welder tack an IAT sensor bung onto the side. So no MAF sensor, instead running an IAT sensor only (since I run a MAP tune, the temperature sensor of the MAF is the only thing that was being used, and the IAT sensor is less of an obstruction to the airflow than a full MAF sensor). I run my valve cover to a breather can, so there are no hoses attached to my intake. For my upper rad hose, I've got the NAPA #7777, it doesn't touch the intake pipe.

Even though the type of intake I described, similar to the ImportDPS Intensity, is considered "short ram" as opposed to CAI, it's a happy medium. No chance of soaking your filter element driving through puddles or in bad weather on the highway, but still much cooler air than you'd get with the filter stuffed back by the header. Best of both worlds, IMHO!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.