8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

RRC Vs. Skunk2 Manifold

26K views 115 replies 32 participants last post by  w00t692 
#1 ·
hey guys I am looking into upgrading my intake manifold and would like some suggestions ... before looking at the rrc or the skunk2 I had ITB's in mind but they are just too much work to maintain... so please help me decide between the RRC or the Skunk2 Manifold. thanks

#43 ·
Skunk2 Throtle bodys out performed OEM ones.... but broke engines, Skunk2 Cams out performed OEM ones.... but broke tensioners....

So for the sake of a "few" WHP, I say : OEM FTW.

Running big motor, big cams and ported Head and need more than RRC.... Send RRC to be worked and your set!

And, if you want even better... Get a RSP, have a GOOD company work on it and you'll have a Beast on Low/Mid and same as RRC up Top... :wigglesmiley:

#72 ·
AF Honda guys over on K20 are good guys, i ordered my RRC from them.

It's $439 which includes shipping from them.
Hmotors is $449, but you have to pay for shipping on top of that
Import DPS is $475 plus shipping.

Usually Rick has the best prices around, but this is one case where he doesn't.

Majestic Honda had them for 387 shipped about a month ago, and now the price has gone through the roof (I guess they caught on...)

I should have ordered one back then, but still $439 is a damn good deal compared to what others are charging. Plus it is the best IM for a mild to moderate N/A build.

#74 ·
With their current price, if they are not making money then Autofair Honda certainly is losing money on each one they sell.

If you want just the RRC, I would order a stock one from Autofair Honda over from K20a.org

If you want a polished RRC, Toda Racing offers a hand polished RRC for 495

If you want the full intake package, go to Rick at Import DPS. Get the RRC/J35 combo (includes the gaskets), and the Intensity intake. Please note that in order to run the Intensity intake, you need Flashpro. But for $875 (+ the cost of FP & a tune), you are looking at picking up an easy 30 HP or more.

#85 ·
My only thoughts on this, and these are knee-jerk instinct type thoughts, not based on any numbers or objective comparison's I've seen, that the performance differences would be marginal and indistinguishable.

The other way to look at that, is the S2 wouldn't perform any better than an RRC or ported RRC, and at least you've still got the PCV connection on the RRC.

Anyways, that's the only negative of the Skunk2 that I see compared to RRC. it's the lack of a PCV connection that some folks don't like. That aside, if the price is similar, I don't think anyone's going to actually feel a performance difference between one or the other. JMHO.

#82 ·
I might invest in one down the road but i do have a friend and fellow member with cams that's why i asked.

If the S2 shines with cams because its prob ported bigger then anything we have oem then porting the RRC should give you the best of both the RRC/S2 manifold.

He can have the porting done for $350

#89 ·
^^^^ not sure. Heck on some level, the lack of a PCV connection on the Skunk2 theoretically will result in "higher performance", as you aren't sucking oil residue into your engine along with the air/fuel.

I can't comment on the volume of the plenum between the RRC and Skunk2, nor the internal size of the runners.

#91 ·
+1 on Skunk2 black aeries for engine bay cred. :vtec:
LOL, to be honest that was probably the thing that swung me to Skunk2 over the RRC. Though I wasn't aware that there were polished RRCs available, which is also look pretty awesome in the bay.

Anyways, to me it seemed like the performance difference was negligible one way or the other, I hadn't heard of any problems with the S2 IM, and I liked the black look with my white powder coated valve cover in my taffy white Si :dance:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.