8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

DIY: Complete Auto Shifter Removal

60K views 113 replies 44 participants last post by  LeonardoCal 
#1 · (Edited)
1. start off by finding something to pry the trim apart i used a throwing knife and small pry bar.

and then you are left with a little lip sticking out find something to hit that to
2. knock it down, i used the bottom of a screwdriver.

3. now you can see the 2 screws on the knob, unscrew them. but be careful not to drop them, they are short screws

4. now find something to pry up the trim i used a tool from my leatherman. that corner is where you need to pry. it comes up pretty easily.

5.now pry the 2 tabs that hold on the PRND piece as pictured.

there is a bulb attatched to this. twist the bulb and it will pull out. you can replace this bulb with a blue one to make them light up blue if you wish too :) but im doing a shifter boot so i wont be doing that. heres a pic of the bulb

and now you are done, you can put a shift boot on there if you wish or w/e you want.

heres some pics of how i attatched my shift boot too if anyone wanted to know.

See less See more
#16 ·
I actually went extreme on my auto 98 tegr. turned completely stickshift. i went with with s2000 six speed tranny, rear wheel drive, twin turbo. I got an accord V6 motor shoe horned in there. the firewall was moved seven inches. got rid of it cos i was street racing in ontario off of etiwanda and there were too many people losing their school lunch money and so yeah.
Great diy thou

#25 ·
idk when ill get around to doing it... hopefully sunday can be a full overhaul for my car... suppose to be getting some body work done... doing rear brakes, touching up my steelies, and hopefully doing this

#29 ·
got mine off of auger shift boots. Awesome material. I'm practically stock cuz of my bills so everything I ever had is gone. Only mods I have aside from the shift boot are Si wheels and K&N Drop-in. Other than that, I'm awaiting my front lip. Then I'll get the rest later and I can finally do your side skirt DIY! lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.