8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

It's always easier to spend someone elses money--so help me!

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Ruthless909 
#1 ·
Well, I've got a bit of money to spend and need some opinions--as with most women though, I'm still gonna do what I want but would like to hear some other viewpoints.

I was in the dealership buying a 2000 accord for my sister when I see this civic lx witht the body kit sitting on the showroom floor. That kit really sets it off. So I talked with the service manager and ask him what kind of deal he can make me and he says 1600 installed. That sounds pretty good to me. I'm oh so tempted but not sure if I want to put that kind of money out on it. I'm not interested in performance mods other than maybe an exhaust or CAI.
I'm getting rims and I like these a lot. They are the same ones I had on my Corolla and would have put them on my civic if they fit.

See less See more
#2 ·
MAMA'S~HONDA said:
Well, I've got a bit of money to spend and need some opinions--as with most women though, I'm still gonna do what I want but would like to hear some other viewpoints.

I was in the dealership buying a 2000 accord for my sister when I see this civic lx witht the body kit sitting on the showroom floor. That kit really sets it off. So I talked with the service manager and ask him what kind of deal he can make me and he says 1600 installed. That sounds pretty good to me. I'm oh so tempted but not sure if I want to put that kind of money out on it. I'm not interested in performance mods other than maybe an exhaust or CAI.
I'm getting rims and I like these a lot. They are the same ones I had on my Corolla and would have put them on my civic if they fit.

Um, hate to break it to you, but most women wouldn't buy a bodykit and rims for their cars (especially with somebody else's money, lol). :p

Seriously though, the wheels are clean. I think I looked at these for JB's Fit. But it sounds like you've got it all worked out. :)

What's the labor charge on that HFP kit?

#4 ·
Kakashi said:
From what hes paying, like 700 bucks.

lol.
How do you figure this--according to the pricing I'm looking at for the front, rear and sides it will run just shy of 1300 for parts which makes the labor about 300...am I missing something?

#5 ·
MAMA'S~HONDA said:
How do you figure this--according to the pricing I'm looking at for the front, rear and sides it will run just shy of 1300 for parts which makes the labor about 300...am I missing something?
I've seen full HFP kits from the dealer go for $900-1000. I think he could've given you a better deal than that. But I think the labor should take maybe 4 hours. An hour for the front and back...I'll be generous and say an hour for each side, although it's actually closer to an hour for the pair, working slowly. At maybe $70/hour, which is still toward the expensive side. That's still less than what you're paying. They're charging you about $120/hour to put on some body-cladding. You shouldn't be paying quite that much for it.

#8 ·
Sion0x said:
The HFP kit you can do yourself. Ask the dealer to pring you the instructions, it's quite easy.

That kit is so expensive, it really bugs me. I wish I had the extra cash to grab that one.

I like the wheels though. What color is your car?
galaxy gray--the rims are machined with anthracite accents--I think they willlook great on the gg civic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.