New User wants better speakers - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Civic Style > I.C.E., Electrical, Security, & Navigation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

New User wants better speakers

Hi Guys,

I'm new here and am browsing around this cool site. I need some help. I just got my 2010 honda civic LS-X. the car is great but the speakers suck. Any advice on some nice replacement speakers that are not too hard to install so I can replace these 4 stock speakers. speakers that can get nice clear bass, you know, just decent speakers. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

I.C.E., Electrical, Security, & Navigation - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
BlownNHBPSI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

GhettoJay
honestly it all depends what your budget looks like im in the biz and i can help out.what type of music do you listen to
Ghettojay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thomas
I would just put in the EX/Si speakers. They put out a good amount of bass and sound great to me. Doing this should save you from having to get an amp, new head unit, etc.
errorunknown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 12:22 AM   #5 (permalink)

My budget is 100-150. I want speakers that play good enough bass. I won't get a sub until a fewonths from now so a speaker with ok bass will do. I listen a lot of music but I wud luv something so I can at least hear my hip hop and dubstep bass a bit better than the stock lx speakers Putting in the ex/si speakers is a good suggestion. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App
foxxmufasa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
VIP Member

Nik
Tagging along as I'm looking and am interested in the same thing as OP

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Ep3n3wp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #7 (permalink)

Justin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep3n3wp View Post
Tagging along as I'm looking and am interested in the same thing as OP

Go ahead and make your own thread. Only reason I ask is that people already know what this thread is about. Even if you have the same tastes in music you may not like the suggestion that OP may get. That and there is no need to jack the thread as well.

Suggested items to ask in post:

Budget
Type of music
Beckerson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 10:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
VIP Member

Nik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckerson1 View Post
Go ahead and make your own thread. Only reason I ask is that people already know what this thread is about. Even if you have the same tastes in music you may not like the suggestion that OP may get. That and there is no need to jack the thread as well.

Suggested items to ask in post:

Budget
Type of music
There's no reason for me to go and make ANOTHER thread looking for the SAME EXACT answer, and clutter the forum. I have the same budget and also like the same genres of music.

I wasn't jacking the thread either... I was just stating that there is someone else that is interested in some input from other users that have upgraded their speakers and their likes and dislikes

Sorry Op for now officially jacking your thread due to Beckerson1

Ep3n3wp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 10:36 PM   #9 (permalink)

OP: If you want direct replacements you should go with a set of coaxials in the front and a set of midrange/midbass in the rear deck however I highly suggest you sound deaden the rear deck since that thing will shake, rattle and be annoying as heck without any deadening!

For the best bass sound you may want to look into a set of Components so you have the tweeter separate from your midbass/midrange which will be in your door, and then you can put another set of midbass/midrange in the rear deck.

You should honestly do the research on your own though on what specific speakers to go with and either get out and audition a bunch of speakers and find what your ears like, or look up as many reviews as you can for speakers that will fit your budget. Ideally you should try to do both, but if you're like me and in a location that doesn't have the best audio selection nearby, then the internet is your friend. I wound up buying my current coaxials on a leap of faith based solely on reviews and have been very happy with them and will be doing another leap of faith soon for the component set I'm interested in since I once again can't audition them.

Last edited by rdubbs; 11-13-2012 at 10:37 PM.
rdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 03:18 AM   #10 (permalink)

Wow... This site is truly awesome! I'm getting some real nice suggestions and helpful tips. Thanks guys...

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 11-14-2012, 11:02 AM   #11 (permalink)

Justin
For both of you:

1) Replace stock speakers as Rdubb stated. OR set of components up front (MB Quart ONX216) and back.

* You do not have to put the tweeters on the back either. Best thing about components.

Some other routes you can go...

2) Amp the stock system (depending if you have the premium sound system with tweeters and a sub you will lose them going this route).
3) Save money and swap out the source.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:08 PM   #12 (permalink)

So just replacing the stock speakers with a pair of good 2 or 3 ways will improve my sound a lot?

Old 11-15-2012, 05:12 PM   #13 (permalink)

Justin
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxmufasa View Post
So just replacing the stock speakers with a pair of good 2 or 3 ways will improve my sound a lot?

In general replacing the stock speakers with anything aftermarket will be a drastic improvement
Old 11-17-2012, 04:48 PM   #14 (permalink)

I hope so. Is there any wiring that will need to be done? Or will replacing the speakers be easy as detaching a connection and just reattaching it once the new speakers are in place? I'm thinking about getting a pair of Polk Audio db651s

Old 11-17-2012, 05:41 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
I hope so. Is there any wiring that will need to be done? Or will replacing the speakers be easy as detaching a connection and just reattaching it once the new speakers are in place? I'm thinking about getting a pair of Polk Audio db651s

These are the exact coaxials I put in my front doors, and you need a wiring adapter if you're keeping the stock wiring, or you can strip off the connector and solder directly, or crimp new ends on, but either way you'll some adapting to do.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1207101...s.html?tp=1025

Last edited by rdubbs; 11-17-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:14 AM   #16 (permalink)

Doesn't crutchfield.com give you the neccessary stuff for installment for free with the speakers?

Old 11-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #17 (permalink)

Yes they do but if you order from sonic you'll have to buy it separately (which I still believe is cheaper than crutchfield)
Old 11-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #18 (permalink)

So after I get those from crutchfield or sonic, I just attach or do I still need to do soldering

Old 11-18-2012, 11:20 AM   #19 (permalink)

7r4cy
Probably best if you just got it from crutchfield. You'll get the extra stuff to help you install it yourself plus you can call them if you need the extra help.
randomtask77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
So after I get those from crutchfield or sonic, I just attach or do I still need to do soldering

It's a simple attachment with those, you probably will have to use pliers to make the female connectors tighter or else they'll just come off of the speaker. You also need spacer brackets Scosche SAHC634 2006-Up Honda Civic 6-1/2" Door Speaker Adapter If you go with crutch everything is included but with sonic you'll buy the wire harness and brackets separate, your best bet is to see if crutchfield will match sonic with their pricing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.