Weird Radio Problem - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Civic Style > I.C.E., Electrical, Security, & Navigation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Weird Radio Problem

I bought a 2007 Civic EX Coupe w/ the premium radio a few weeks ago. Yesterday the radio started switching modes (fm1, fm2, am, etc) on its own while I was driving down the road. Not sure where to start looking for the cause of this problem. It seems that the radio is shorting out, the screen blanks out then it comes back on a differ mode. Before I tear my dash out to look behind it, I didn't know if there was some common grounds to check out 1st or fuses. Then I thought it could be in the steering wheel because of the radio controls built into it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Justin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conechaser View Post
I bought a 2007 Civic EX Coupe w/ the premium radio a few weeks ago. Yesterday the radio started switching modes (fm1, fm2, am, etc) on its own while I was driving down the road. Not sure where to start looking for the cause of this problem. It seems that the radio is shorting out, the screen blanks out then it comes back on a differ mode. Before I tear my dash out to look behind it, I didn't know if there was some common grounds to check out 1st or fuses. Then I thought it could be in the steering wheel because of the radio controls built into it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Don't believe it is a fuse problem as it would most likely not even work.

Sounds like a bad connection. Maybe within the radio unit itself...
Beckerson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.