Just installed Pioneer AVIC-X930BT, Pics inside! - Page 2 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Civic Style > I.C.E., Electrical, Security, & Navigation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 08:42 AM   #21 (permalink)

Chris
Also I dont no if you have the premium audio system any issue with it working with the factory sub?
conduct is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2012, 08:58 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by conduct View Post
Do your steering wheel controls still work, volume etc?
They sell intefacesfor that,

Example Example
fureii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #23 (permalink)

7r4cy
Quote:
Originally Posted by conduct View Post
Also I dont no if you have the premium audio system any issue with it working with the factory sub?
Looks like he installed it in an LX so I'm guessing he doesn't have that problem.
randomtask77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2012, 10:49 PM   #24 (permalink)

How does the Bluetooth sound while driving?
Glenerd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2012, 11:20 PM   #25 (permalink)

Chris
It looks right at home in the civic dash. I want one !
conduct is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 02:29 AM   #26 (permalink)

Jacob
i have an alpine headunit and it's definitely the best thing i've ever done. bluetooth, ipod, steering wheel controls. but i paid alot more for mine then you did... you got a crazy good deal!
jkingaround is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #27 (permalink)

Great job! It looks good! =]
s4hei is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2012, 10:24 PM   #28 (permalink)

Sorry guys, this is the first time i've logged on the site since December 20th! I actually typed in the model number into Google, and 'forums' after the model number. I found someone on the Dodge Charger forums selling one brand new in box, so I PM'd him, paypal'd and received a crazy good deal! At the time, Amazon was around $580 shipped so I feel really good about my deal. Good luck!
CrackerJackToy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #29 (permalink)

Yes, this car was an LX, so no this is not a premium sound system. The Bluetooth is the BEST bluetooth navi setup I have ever heard. The mic in the car is amazing. I have never seen a bluetooth setup sound this good!

Thanks for all the compliments. I am a total novice at NAV installs and couldve done this with my eyes closed, it was that easy.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:30 AM   #30 (permalink)

7r4cy
@CrackerJackToy

I'm glad you logged on as I was hoping you could answer a couple of questions.

How is the radio reception with the Pioneer unit? I got a different Pioneer double-din and the radio reception is not as great (not like it was great to begin with with the OEM radio) but stations seemed "static-y" sometimes with the Pioneer unit. I'm using the OEM radio harness for aftermarket stereos.

Also, with the trim ring by Scosche... How's the fitment? I made the mistake of not getting one and I already have my radio in, is this something I could just place on top, or do I have to take apart the whole radio again to install the trim ring?
Old 03-06-2012, 11:19 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomtask77 View Post
@CrackerJackToy

I'm glad you logged on as I was hoping you could answer a couple of questions.

How is the radio reception with the Pioneer unit? I got a different Pioneer double-din and the radio reception is not as great (not like it was great to begin with with the OEM radio) but stations seemed "static-y" sometimes with the Pioneer unit. I'm using the OEM radio harness for aftermarket stereos.

Also, with the trim ring by Scosche... How's the fitment? I made the mistake of not getting one and I already have my radio in, is this something I could just place on top, or do I have to take apart the whole radio again to install the trim ring?
Sorry for the delayed response but im glad I noticed your questions.

My radio response is decent within my town, but as you said its not as good as OEM. I can no longer pickup stations that are out of town like I could with OEM and I too, am using the OEM harness.

Scosche fitment is a 9/10. No modifying required. It sits in there loosely and occasionally you can see it vibrating, but never falls out. You just place it directly over the nav, and do NOT have to take the nav out.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:30 PM   #32 (permalink)

An
What trim did you get from Scosche? I trying to look for this I try other trimming but too big or small universal type.
jdmdanguan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2012, 02:18 AM   #33 (permalink)

7r4cy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmdanguan View Post
What trim did you get from Scosche? I trying to look for this I try other trimming but too big or small universal type.
I used this with my Pioneer uint.

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SCOSCHE HA1561TRB Double-DIN Trim Ring for 2006 Civic Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SCOSCHE HA1561TRB Double-DIN Trim Ring for 2006 Civic

Reason I needed this was because I used the OEM honda double-din bezel (I didn't use Metra or Scosche) and since the "trim" that came with my pioneer didn't fit the Honda bezel, the Scosche trim ring fit in there perfectly.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:48 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomtask77 View Post
I used this with my Pioneer uint.

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SCOSCHE HA1561TRB Double-DIN Trim Ring for 2006 Civic

Reason I needed this was because I used the OEM honda double-din bezel (I didn't use Metra or Scosche) and since the "trim" that came with my pioneer didn't fit the Honda bezel, the Scosche trim ring fit in there perfectly.
^^This.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:20 PM   #35 (permalink)

Hey crackerjacktoy, I love the write up and will be using it in the near future as I'm picking up my avic later today. I did have a question though, where/how did you mount the gps antenna on your civic?
quincy1897 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #36 (permalink)

There is a empty little spot right next to the speedometer at the top of the dash. Its perfectly flat, and you should see what im talking about when you take the dash pieces off. I heard somewhere on this site, that is where the stock OEM nav has its antenna too. Works perfect with no reception issues.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerJackToy View Post
There is a empty little spot right next to the speedometer at the top of the dash. Its perfectly flat, and you should see what im talking about when you take the dash pieces off. I heard somewhere on this site, that is where the stock OEM nav has its antenna too. Works perfect with no reception issues.
sounds good thanks man. did you get the traffic controller with it or you just leaving it all to chance and radio reports?

**Also, where did you mount the microphone for the bluetooth that came with the head unit?

Last edited by quincy1897; 04-08-2012 at 12:23 AM.
quincy1897 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2012, 01:03 AM   #38 (permalink)

josh webb
nice job. looks good
jawebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #39 (permalink)

7r4cy
Quote:
Originally Posted by quincy1897 View Post
sounds good thanks man. did you get the traffic controller with it or you just leaving it all to chance and radio reports?

**Also, where did you mount the microphone for the bluetooth that came with the head unit?
I have a pioneer unit and the bluetooth mic has a large clip (meant to be used for the sun visor I guess) and I hid mine inside the new dash unit where the temp. sensor would go (I guess that's what it's called). Basically the little vent area that's near the hazard button. Since the clip is large enough, I just clipped it on one of the wiring (I think either the hazard or the climate control wiring) and just left it in there. Made some calls and I'm heard really well and I don't have to worry about wind noise interfering with calls.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #40 (permalink)

Tyler
hey i was thinking about getting the same unit. what would i need besides the antenna adapter? does it require some sort of harness to connect with the steering wheel controls? thanks for the help!
southerncivic2010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.