Complete Stereo Wire Diagrams - All Stereos/Navigation - Page 4 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Civic Style > I.C.E., Electrical, Security, & Navigation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2015, 02:01 PM   #61 (permalink)

DeDonDeRosa likes to double clutchDeDonDeRosa likes to double clutchDeDonDeRosa likes to double clutchDeDonDeRosa likes to double clutch
can i use a 09 prem nav unit in an 08 non nav si ?

DeDonDeRosa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2015, 02:19 PM   #62 (permalink)

Zimmer
BlurpleFG1 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDonDeRosa View Post
can i use a 09 prem nav unit in an 08 non nav si ?
Yes, as long as you have the 09-11 navigation style connectors.

BlurpleFG1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2015, 05:39 PM   #63 (permalink)

08coupe just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
I don't see any preamp subwoofer signal of the 2 door premium or anything else for that matter. I'm thinking the amp is splitting the signal internally to output to the rear speakers and sub. This makes little sense .. especially with the stock sub being 2ohms.

I do know in my 08 Ex the amp has internal crossover for the front tweeters and door speakers.

However its great to have this info for the rest of it.. Thanks for the post.
08coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 04:49 AM   #64 (permalink)

will82 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Garage
front speakers go out when I use the power windows... obviously a short but not even sure where to start anyone had this problem before?
will82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2015, 08:46 AM   #65 (permalink)

Zimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by will82 View Post
front speakers go out when I use the power windows... obviously a short but not even sure where to start anyone had this problem before?
I remember reading a TSB for this in regards to the early EX sedans but I didn't find it with a quick search.

Anyway, it involved the driver's door harness either being too short or inatalled in a way that pulled the wires from the connectors when the window was used. The early EX sedan drivers door harness was revised to fix this.
Old 11-18-2015, 05:32 AM   #66 (permalink)

will82 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Garage
thanks ill check that out
will82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2016, 05:04 PM   #67 (permalink)

John_Hammond just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Super helpful info! Thanks! Sub'd
John_Hammond is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 06:55 PM   #68 (permalink)

MNTonyB just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
I acquired a Honda Navi unit from a Civic Hybrid - part number 39541-SNA-A320-M1. Based on the information contained in this thread, was able to get the unit up and running on the bench, including Aux port and the factory XM radio unit. So thank you very much for all the great wiring diagrams.
I do have one question. The output of the radio is REALLY anemic. Since the face plate on the radio did not say "Premium Audio" I assumed the radio I picked up didn't require the external amplifier, but given the way the radio sounds (and the fact the speaker wiring is the same whether you are going directly to the speakers or to the Amp), I'm suspecting I'll need an external amp. I have been unable to find any site or information to help me determine whether my specific radio needs the external amp or not. Does anybody know how or where I can go to determine that? Google searches haven't yielded any good results.
Thanks in advance for your replies.
MNTonyB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 09:22 PM   #69 (permalink)

Zimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNTonyB View Post
I acquired a Honda Navi unit from a Civic Hybrid - part number 39541-SNA-A320-M1. Based on the information contained in this thread, was able to get the unit up and running on the bench, including Aux port and the factory XM radio unit. So thank you very much for all the great wiring diagrams.
I do have one question. The output of the radio is REALLY anemic. Since the face plate on the radio did not say "Premium Audio" I assumed the radio I picked up didn't require the external amplifier, but given the way the radio sounds (and the fact the speaker wiring is the same whether you are going directly to the speakers or to the Amp), I'm suspecting I'll need an external amp. I have been unable to find any site or information to help me determine whether my specific radio needs the external amp or not. Does anybody know how or where I can go to determine that? Google searches haven't yielded any good results.
Thanks in advance for your replies.
All 06-11 Hybrid navigation systems have the amp built into the unit. None of them were Premium units with a separate amp.

Looking up Honda navigation systems by using 39541 is practically useless because Honda lists them as 39540 in thier system.

Under the Zoom In/Out button there's a 4 digit alphanumeric code, what is it?
Old 04-20-2017, 10:43 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlurpleFG1 View Post
All 06-11 Hybrid navigation systems have the amp built into the unit. None of them were Premium units with a separate amp.

Looking up Honda navigation systems by using 39541 is practically useless because Honda lists them as 39540 in thier system.

Under the Zoom In/Out button there's a 4 digit alphanumeric code, what is it?
Thanks for the quick reply BlurpleFG1. The four digit code under the Zoom In/Out on my radio is 2AD4.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:49 AM   #71 (permalink)

Zimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntonyb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blurplefg1 View Post
all 06-11 hybrid navigation systems have the amp built into the unit. None of them were premium units with a separate amp.

Looking up honda navigation systems by using 39541 is practically useless because honda lists them as 39540 in thier system.

Under the zoom in/out button there's a 4 digit alphanumeric code, what is it?
thanks for the quick reply blurplefg1. The four digit code under the zoom in/out on my radio is 2ad4.
2ad4 = 39540-sna-a31.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:18 AM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
2ad4 = 39540-sna-a31.
Thank you. So, this confirms that the radio does not need an external amp. Assuming I have wired it up on the bench correctly, the fact that the sound coming out of it is anemic, (very little bass even with the bass turned all the way up and a large discrepancy between the volume coming out of the front speakers vs the rear speakers) suggest a problem with the radio itself, correct?
Old 04-21-2017, 09:53 AM   #73 (permalink)

Zimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNTonyB View Post
Quote:
2ad4 = 39540-sna-a31.
Thank you. So, this confirms that the radio does not need an external amp. Assuming I have wired it up on the bench correctly, the fact that the sound coming out of it is anemic, (very little bass even with the bass turned all the way up and a large discrepancy between the volume coming out of the front speakers vs the rear speakers) suggest a problem with the radio itself, correct?
What speakers are you using to test with?

A Hybrid would have come with 2 front door speakers, 2 rear deck speakers and 2 tweeters in the dash. All were made by Pioneer and are 4ohm.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:58 AM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
What speakers are you using to test with?

A Hybrid would have come with 2 front door speakers, 2 rear deck speakers and 2 tweeters in the dash. All were made by Pioneer and are 4ohm.
Great question. I tested the system with two different sets of speakers. The first set were the original Honda speakers from the car, which have 4 ohms, 15 watts stamped on the back of each one. The second set of speakers I tested with are the speakers I want to install in the car - Pioneer TS-D1602R. They are rated at 4 ohms and 250 watts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.