8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Aftermarket radio install but no sound?

55K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  phatjames167 
#1 ·
help i installed a kennwood double din navi, and I am not getting sound to the speakers...I toook the blue and white wire from radio harness and attached it to soild light blue on factory harness for factory amp trun on, but still no sound.....

thanks

#14 · (Edited)
I just used the wire harness I got with the dash kit I ordered that plugs into the stock radio's plug and matched cable colors going to the aftermarket radio. Then from plug number 2 which is a bit smaller that also gets plugged into the stock radio there is a light blue cable I believe is number 15 and got signal from there which is what gave the sound but gives static specially during playing a dvd or cd. If you can please explain the Whiterice's way and is it necessary to bypass the stock amp

#27 ·
I hate to try to revive a thread but If i start a new one I'm sure I'll hear that I need to search first.

I've tried tapping into the light blue with silver dots cable with the blue remote wire and blue antenna wire but still no sound. you can see the red arrow pointing to this

just to make sure I'm not supposed to be connecting to the plug circled in blue correct? That's what I thought at first but then saw the other plug.

Any help would be appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.