8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

I have some concerns !?

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  w00t692 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Im running flashpro since the end of december and i have 2 concerns i wanna talk about...

1- My MPG is really really bad... before i was making around 425-450km on a full tank and now its about 275-300km ... with a 50$ tank !!!

2- My oil life stay at 100% and wont go down even if my last oil change was done in november...

Is all this normal things or i can adjust it somewhere if yes please let me know !!!

Thanks

#6 ·
Gas mileage always goes down in the winter. This is due to the less efficient winter blend of gasoline, and people warming up their cars wasting gas. That can easily account for about a 20% decrease in gas mileage.

Your oil life meter is not based on time, it is based on mileage. You could have changed it in November 5 years ago and it would still read 100% if you haven't driven the car.

With that said, just ignore that maintenance minder because it is useless, and instead check your oil regularly with every fill up, and change it as often as you should for how you drive the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.