8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

800whp si traction control??????

7K views 46 replies 22 participants last post by  Paprocjo 
#1 · (Edited)
Si k20/24 recently got tuned on pump gas makes little bit over 530whp on 8psi and is totaly useless in every gear just breaks loose and hits redline and in april when track opens up for us i will be retuning it on c16 for 800whp so my question is will the hondata traction control help me when i drive on the streets or is it good to a certain power limit

#15 ·
Vit loves it in both his teggy and civic

I don't think it would do much, it dosent work on rwd in most applications

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
:confused: Hondata's traction control isn't like a factory system, it uses the ABS lines to pull ignition. A typical traction control system also uses the same sensors but rather than pulling ignition it pumps the ABS system to reduce wheel spin to that particular wheel. This is apples to oranges honestly.

#17 ·
Si k20/24 recently got tuned on pump gas makes little bit over 530whp on 8psi and is totaly useless in every gear just breaks loose and hits redline and in april when track opens up for us i will be retuning it on c16 for 800whp so my question is will the hondata traction control help me or is it good to a certain power limit

"oh we can't hook with 500whp, let's go for 800 and see what happens."

:facepalm:

#40 ·
Long story short, traction control wont work correctly or safely. You nee boost by gear, which will basically reduce the horspower of your motor to a level where you can gain traction.

300hp is about all that you can use in a front wheel drive car on street tires.

#45 ·
No, not again, it was hard enough to explain the simplest physics to these simpletons last time.

If anyone is interested as to why you can NEVER use that much power in a fwd car on the street (and read about VitViper's souped up Honda Civic with a few bolt ons and skinny street tires that is faster than a Buggatti Veyron), then click the link: http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/garage/307173-physics-front-wheel-drive.html

#46 ·
There are a few 8th gens at this power level..... The simple fact is that we're not using 800 plus hp off the line or at low speeds all the limiters and traction control limit the output power of the engine for a given load, rpm, gear.... With that much power you can spin the tires on command at almost any speed even above 90 mpg on street tires. But 800 plus hp and the tq that goes along with that is what makes the car accelerate in the top end area 145 and on and it still pull like your in third....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.