R18 Flashpro Calibrations - Page 2 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > ECU Tuning Information > Hondata

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 01:18 AM   #21 (permalink)

julian r18 member #675
julian675 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
The "vtec" will never activate under agressive driving.

julian675 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2011, 09:38 AM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Andres - JoTech SOHC R18
420Coupe just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Vegas View Post
From what i learned at UTI i-vtec will not allow some things to be changed since it is "smarter" than any other gen's of honda's but there should be an option to turn the i in i-vtec off that way its raw power and the other economy rocker arm wont activate
negative. if you want TRUE VTEC you would need to get Ferrea to build you a new VTEC rocker. I-VTEC only engages when certain conditions are met. IE you are between 2-3.5k rpms, on the fuel under 50% trim, and several other small conditions have to be met in order for I-VTEC to engage. Like Julian said, I-VTEC will not engage under aggressive driving because these conditions are not met.

And i would have some one knowledgeable tuning your R18 I spent way tooo much time learning how to tune it, learning its ins and outs etc and even when i thought i had the tune perfected. Took it to CMB and he made 40 whp and 35 wtq more than my tune with a better spool and cleaner smoother AFR both under WOT and through part throttle.

Since then its been CMB all the WAY! guy just has a magic touch!

420Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #23 (permalink)

julian r18 member #675
julian675 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Yea the r18 engine, is very different then the typical honda engines before. I know I had some huge arguments with people that thought they knew about cars, because they told me to engage my vtec at lower rpm so i could feel the kick, and when I told them I had a backwards vtec, well... you can imagine. Thing is, these weren't the first engines to incorporate that vtec, but o well.

And yea andres, I as well have been tuning for a while and there is always something new to learn, especially when tuning a different engine.
julian675 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 09:10 PM   #24 (permalink)

Carl
BuilderNotBuyer just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Garage
i know it has been a while and most of you might not even have an r18 anymore. But i just want to make sure I have a few things correct before I get my Hondata. 1st: Our I-VTEC does not kick in unless we use less than x% of throttle and its in the 1100-3500 window correct? If so is it possible to drop that to say 1100-2500 so I can get more power when cruizing on the highway?

2nd: What have you guys found to be an ideal A/F ratio for max power? 12.5:1? 13:1?

Just for background info I have a CAI, TBS, Cat back Tsudo 70mm. I know I will see some gains running premade maps but I was hoping to squeeze a few extra ponies out. I plan on taking it to a tuner but Im waiting for my skunk2 cam to spend the money. Thanks for any help
BuilderNotBuyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 12:48 PM   #25 (permalink)

torresalcien just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
What is the best calibration for the R18?
torresalcien is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.