Hondata Flashpro Technical Thread (no chit-chat) - Page 26 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > ECU Tuning Information > Hondata

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2011, 07:08 PM   #501 (permalink)

13.03@114 SC'd w/ Street Tires
Ok hopefully someone hear can answer my question and help me out. Ok 1st, the basics about the car...
Running CT-E SC Stage 2, 3.5 custom cold air, kidd header, vibrant exhaust, and it is professionally dyno tuned with flashpro.

Problem...
Yesterday I drove to work, not really getting on the car, just about a 15min drive. Stopped off at BK for breakfast, shut the car off. Came back out and was pulling out of BK and got on the throttle a little in 1st (probably WOT for 2-3sec), backed off and stopped at a stop sign. Then went to pull off from the stop sign and the car had hardly no power, i took it to 4100 rpm in 1st and the car was in limp mode. It acted like i hit the rev limiter or launch limiter at 4100. Looked down at the dash and saw CEL and VSA lights on. Read the CEL after work and it said something kinda like this...
"Intake air temp high intensity" or something to that effect.

I cleared the tune, checked my IAT sensor and the connection (i have custom cold air so no MAF sensor), and everything looked fine. Drove the car and datalogged a little. Power was ok but the car ran horribly.

1st red flag i saw when datalogging were the amount of knocks in 2nd gear. For about a 10min drive i had 1 knock in 1st, 22 in 2nd, 2 in 3rd, and 0 in 4th. It was worse under a load and at more than light throttle. The knock count shot up under WOT. On one datalogg run I got up to 118 knocks just in 2nd gear. This is BADDD.

The 2nd red flag was that there is no reading or voltage for the wideband on my flashpro. Wideband reads 0 voltage and 10.00 all the time. I took out the o2, cleaned it and replaced it, had the same problem. Then used my old o2 sensor which worked fine but was going out when i replaced it, and had the same problem. Idk whats going on there.

I know this is a novel but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by 08Sivic; 11-13-2011 at 07:09 PM.
08Sivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2012, 11:56 PM   #502 (permalink)

Max
Just curious, but does anyone know the cause of the rev hang and what does the FP do to eliminate it?
maximus20895 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2012, 11:59 PM   #503 (permalink)
VitTuned 4tw

Logs would be helpful 08Sivic
Our experience speaks for itself - -don't get scammed, get a QUALITY tune from the most established and reputable tuner in the world -- providing unparalleled support for your projects and goals in the community @VitTuned!
VitViper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #504 (permalink)

Joe Marotta
I just went through a whole journey of figuring out why my car was running at a consistent air/fuel ratio of 14.7, from 2,000 RPM to redline, but also showing the injectors to be maxed out by 8,600 RPM. From what I could find out, I had a dead oxygen sensor. So I found the vinegar trick on here and gave it a try. After cleaning it, I installed the sensor, and it was still dead...damn.

However, upon looking deeper into my calibration, I discovered that the primary sensor has been disabled. I enabled it, and now it works fine. It seems to run the same, it's just nice to be able to see what my AFR is doing while driving. It's a little scary not knowing where the AFR is at any given time.

Question: Why would my primary oxygen sensor be disabled? It has been stuck running in open loop for the past couple years that means! I understand why people disable their secondary, to ignore the catalyst MIL. But the primary? Why did they disable mine? Any answer would be greatly appreciated.

-Joe

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
turbojoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2012, 07:45 PM   #505 (permalink)

Matt
yea that , sub'd
mercurysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2012, 08:31 PM   #506 (permalink)

Max
How long have you had flashpro? It might of been disabled where you flashed your ecu. I don't even know where you can disable your primary though.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #507 (permalink)

Joe Marotta
I've had my FlashPro since summer of 2010. The tune that was flashed onto my ECU was created at the shop I worked at. It must have been disabled when he was tuning the Si that he originally created the map for, I'm not sure why. I might call him up and ask him.

To enable/disable the primary sensor, you go to the calibration window, and to the left, where all the options are, like idle, rev limits, etc., there's a section titled "closed loop". Click on that, and you'll find the boxes that give you the ability to enable/disable the primary sensor, the secondary sensor, and something else. I can't really remember exactly. I'll post a picture tomorrow of the exact place the box is.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:10 PM   #508 (permalink)

Max
Well at least you fixed it. Go do another datalog and post it in that other thread.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:06 PM   #509 (permalink)

Joe Marotta
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus20895 View Post
Well at least you fixed it. Go do another datalog and post it in that other thread.
Will do. I also installed my RDX injectors today. My duty cycles went from 98% to 77%. I feel better about that lol

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 04-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #510 (permalink)

alex
i got a baseline done at jotech motorsports the other day and i had the kn basemap on. when i left i noticed my oil life worked and vtec was back at 5800 and my throttle response is factory wack so i think my car isnt flashed. he did tweak a couple of things for free, but i didnt see what map he used. but if my oil life works doesnt that mean im not flashed in anyway?

sorry if this is a dumb question
kseriescivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #511 (permalink)

Max
Not necessarily, it could mean that you are not flashed or it could also mean that the map was based off the MAF and not the MAP. The oil life meter uses the MAF to tell you your oil life. Generally, when using Flashpro, the MAP based tunes are better/more accurate, but it disables the oil life meter.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #512 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojoe View Post
I've had my FlashPro since summer of 2010. The tune that was flashed onto my ECU was created at the shop I worked at. It must have been disabled when he was tuning the Si that he originally created the map for, I'm not sure why. I might call him up and ask him.

To enable/disable the primary sensor, you go to the calibration window, and to the left, where all the options are, like idle, rev limits, etc., there's a section titled "closed loop". Click on that, and you'll find the boxes that give you the ability to enable/disable the primary sensor, the secondary sensor, and something else. I can't really remember exactly. I'll post a picture tomorrow of the exact place the box is.
The only time I have ever heard of it being disabled was to use a wide-band instead...
Chris/Si/4dr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 09:51 AM   #513 (permalink)

alex
ahhhh makes sense now. so can i turn throttle dampening off with a MAF basemap?
dont have my flashpro close to me to try...
thanks!
Old 04-12-2012, 11:39 AM   #514 (permalink)

alex
when i connect my flashpro and try to view the primary calibration it is blank and says there is no cal. to download...does that mean my cal from jotech was not saved?
Old 05-01-2012, 11:24 AM   #515 (permalink)

I reflashed my car last week using my local tuner portable computer all went good and actually we made it pretty quick. Yesterday I went to install Hondata software on another computer, which this time, is the one that I'm gonna use for datalogging. But I couldn't install it. Computer wasn't recognizing the Flashpro, USB light was off. Tryed for like an hour before getting bored, I had previously install the software and done the updates. Can my flashpro recognize only one computer? I had previously, at tuner shop, entered the owner informations and locked it to my car, yesterday it was like if I had to do all this again...
Someone ever had trouble installing and using its FP on its computer?
KorFonly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 11:28 AM   #516 (permalink)

Peter
^^ you need to install the drivers for flash pro thats why your computer cant recognize fp. The driver software can be found on the cd.
paterrio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #517 (permalink)

Thanks I'll try even If I though I had installed everything on the CD
Old 05-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #518 (permalink)

Peter
yeah you have to go to control panel device manager and manually select the driver on the cd for the Flash pro if that makes any sense
paterrio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 10:20 AM   #519 (permalink)

8thCivicRidesPoles
^ This.

Just right-click the "unrecognized device" or "Flashpro" (can't remember what it displays as when the driver isn't installed - but it'll be annotated by a "bang" [a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in the middle of it]), then click "Update Driver ...." , follow the on-screen prompts and you should be good to go.
PainIs4ThaWeak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #520 (permalink)

Got it working thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.