2012 Honda Civic Si Review [video] - Page 8 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Site Stuff > 8thcivic.com Site News > Honda Industry News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011, 09:45 AM   #141 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FALer View Post
New Si apparently not even as good as the old one:

IL Track Tested: 2012 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Man that body roll looks ridiculous! lol Is my 08 Si that bad?
jaxson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #142 (permalink)

Andy
Well I guess that does it, I'm pretty sure I will never again own a new Honda with the outside exception of a CRZ. Bigger is not better. Less tune-ability is not better. Cheaper interior is not better (having seen the inside. It looks nicer from afar but the quality is many steps back from even the 8th gen).

Looks like I'll take a long, hard look at the FT-86 when I'm done with my 06 civic.
Hulakatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2011, 04:15 PM   #143 (permalink)

eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxson View Post
Man that body roll looks ridiculous! lol Is my 08 Si that bad?
That looks a little worse than a stock 06-11 Si, but those do have their fair share of body roll on the stock suspension.
enojy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2011, 07:08 PM   #144 (permalink)
Banned

i guess im keeping my07 si lol
k20z3fa5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #145 (permalink)
Banned

how about a crz k20 powered SI???
k20z3fa5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2011, 07:28 PM   #146 (permalink)

The dampening looks like garbage during that slalom. The wheels and tires are too small. The rear of the car looks like a camry. I really hope that Mugen does something amazing cuz that car is butt.
sw0ggd0gg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2011, 10:10 AM   #147 (permalink)
Banned

Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey C. View Post
Wait, it doesn't have exhaust-cam vtec? So its just like a bigger ep3 engine???? Who would trade their 8thgen for this instead of just swapping in a 2.4 shortblock and getting the torque AND extra power AND keep a 8000 rpm redline.
If you think it's safe to rev a stock 2.4 liter to 8K rpm's for any length of time you have alot to learn.For everyone complaining about the rev limti,guess what,it's a 2.4 liter...you don't see 8600 redlines on the TSX,CRV or Accords,so what makes you think because they put the engine in a car that normally revs high that magically the redline will creep upwards?The engine specs determine the safe redline,not the chassis it's put into.
R3TARD3D pacman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2011, 10:11 AM   #148 (permalink)

Stuart
Yep it's pretty much like the ep3 engine. So stupid
discostu69er is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2011, 10:14 AM   #149 (permalink)

John
It's what happens when Japanese people step out of the picture and let American's design the car

I don't know who the hell designed that car but I wanna hurt myself everytime I look at it... don't know why. I just wanna punch my eyes inside my face.
Johnold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2011, 12:21 PM   #150 (permalink)

Jonathan
I have to say, after looking at the car in pictures, I wanted to gag and throw up. But I was at the dealership the other day and they had the new models out (didn't test drive cuz they didn't have an Si, I want to try one and then hop in my Si and smile, knowing that mine is better), and I have to say, they don't look as bad in person. The back definitely looks like a camry in person though (gag). The front wasn't quite as bad. I still wouldn't want one. 8th gen looks >>>>>>>> 9th gen looks
jonofmac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2011, 03:15 PM   #151 (permalink)

Ryan
Not happy but like some will say ,don't like it,don't complain, well I think aftering owning a prev model Si I think Id like to have some say in whether or not the new Si should have some improvements. I'll stick with my FA5 and enjoy it as I always do. If torque is the only improvement IMO then I'll stick with what I got.

Has anyone actually seen any exhaust mods that the TSX owners have done with this motor? I mean if the head needs swapped out, thats not a cheap mod to do JUST to install a header. I still have a stock Si but down the road(after saving for marriage and house) I plan on doing some mods to this car as price(crossing finger) come down on things.
VanishingImage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2011, 09:55 PM   #152 (permalink)

simple answer to this:
Take your the head of 8th gen si and put it on this si and everyone is happy.
Mr.Mangu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2011, 09:59 PM   #153 (permalink)

Anthony
That SI is horrible !! I'm defiantly keeping my 8th gen
FrassmanSI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2011, 11:47 PM   #154 (permalink)

Saw a 2012 White EX-L coupe with Navi today. Thought I liked the 8th gens better too but actually the 9th in person is nicer no questions asked. Just a sharper car all around. The only area I'm not keen on is the rear quarter panel when looking at it on an angle from in front of the car. Something about that angle is a little soggy but otherwise this car was very sharp.

The non-si coupes are going to sell very well in my opinion.
Boosted is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2011, 10:02 PM   #155 (permalink)

Ron
The 2012 Civic SI is a perfectly good car, but I’d never buy one. There is nothing that makes this car standout from the competition. The 8th generation model had space age styling and high revving screaming engine. It was totally different than anything other auto makers had. Even when other sport compacts had more power and better suspensions, the civic still remained popular and has a cult following. The 9th Generation’s the styling has been tone down and the K20 is gone. So what makes that care more desirable than cars like the mazdaspeed 3, WRX, Focus ST, or Genesis coupe 2.0? In my opinion, nothing.
El_Matador_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2011, 03:22 PM   #156 (permalink)
VIP Member

David
I'm good. I'll stick to my 2007 Si and once it dies in about 5 years another generation will be out so i'll see how it goes.

The back of the new generation is just ridiculous...Idk how they even thought that looked good. the interior is nice as everyone else has said and the v-tech meter isn't all that serious but I guess it's cool. The Torque sounds nice but when I install my SRT turbo kit I definitely won't be jealous of the torque on the newer Si.

David

Last edited by Rockawearbadboy; 05-20-2011 at 03:25 PM.
Rockawearbadboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2011, 10:50 AM   #157 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanishingImage View Post
Not happy but like some will say ,don't like it,don't complain, well I think aftering owning a prev model Si I think Id like to have some say in whether or not the new Si should have some improvements. I'll stick with my FA5 and enjoy it as I always do. If torque is the only improvement IMO then I'll stick with what I got.

Has anyone actually seen any exhaust mods that the TSX owners have done with this motor? I mean if the head needs swapped out, thats not a cheap mod to do JUST to install a header. I still have a stock Si but down the road(after saving for marriage and house) I plan on doing some mods to this car as price(crossing finger) come down on things.
I am a TSX owner and there are quite a bit of exhaust mods. Some obviously dont make as much powers but for sure in our cars you would want to look up Weapon R headers. Those by far in our fourms give the bang for your buck but also if u have the money look into Hytech and also ASP. Those cost a bit and are custom but the gains are worth it.
JdmTsxer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2011, 03:48 PM   #158 (permalink)

Benny
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockawearbadboy View Post
I'm good. I'll stick to my 2007 Si and once it dies in about 5 years another generation will be out so i'll see how it goes.

The back of the new generation is just ridiculous...Idk how they even thought that looked good. the interior is nice as everyone else has said and the v-tech meter isn't all that serious but I guess it's cool. The Torque sounds nice but when I install my SRT turbo kit I definitely won't be jealous of the torque on the newer Si.

David
Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2011, 07:33 PM   #159 (permalink)
Jo-Von-E

Jhovany M.
Could one interpret the 9th gen Si as the "new" prelude?
Another reason why Honda has been slacking is that their engineers have stop outdoing their previous work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto619 View Post
vit twerks???
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0720Steve View Post
he taught miley.
Geovone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2011, 07:39 PM   #160 (permalink)

Byron Lee
Who knows maybe swap the head from an 8th gen si into the 9th gen si?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
byronl225 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.