2012 Honda Civic Si Review [video] - Page 7 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Site Stuff > 8thcivic.com Site News > Honda Industry News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 03:38 AM   #121 (permalink)

Andrei
It looks like an 8th gen Accord in the rear, with a touch of Scion TC. And the coupes side mirror/small triangular window is like that of the sedans, eh.
I'm sure the car can look even better with some careful mods here and there.
Though it lost its small-engine high revving nature a bit, the torque is appreciated.
As I write this I cant help but look up a used Honda S2000.

This reminds me of talk that the BMW M3 in the near future will get its N/A motor replaced with a turbo one, I hear cries of: "get the n/a M3 while you can!"
Similarly the Si with the K20 has what we want that peaky power and that feel that comes with it. The Si sems to loose some of its "race car appeal... redline dropped, added lower end torque: less of that high rpm spirit and more of a daily driver.
Seriously at least it still has that helical LSD and nice 6 speed.
Andrei'sCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2011, 03:49 AM   #122 (permalink)

josh
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdrgzfam View Post
I hate to break your heart but you rsx would have got raped by your si all you felt was the nosie of your mods lol. Come on man even with the reflash a base runs low 15's and traps like 90 mph its not that exagerated lol, but yeah the lower redline is not a big deal because vtec kicks in sooner so you essentially have it for the same amount of time and witht the extra torque the car will be faster plain and simple, the only thing I really dont like is the exhaust manifold but I am sure there will be an after market fix lol.
idk, the RSX had an effective power band of around 3000-6500 and definitely had more torque with the mods on it than my stock Si, which doesnt even get torquey till 6k at 139ft/lbs the RSX hadsomewhere around 155-160. and lets face it we all the know the stock si is pretty lacking when it comes to torque w/the ammount of horesepower its putting out. the rsx also had full hasport mounts on it, and would accelerate up to 135 and probaly beyond, but I didnt want to push it. lets not forget the ep3 had the same motor. I really dont understand why everyone puts down the base model, have you ever driven one? I would actually really love to be able to race the 2. in any case, ive owned 11 cars since I was 17, im 26 now and ive spent copious ammounts of time behind the wheel of all of my vehicles. the moded k20a3 had more available torque for 1000 rpms longer than my current k20z3 setup and was definitely faster POST MODIFICATION.

*EDIT* I realize this isnt the proper place for the comparison discussion, but like I said the previous model Si did have the same motor as the base rsx and weve all seen some pretty bad ass EP3s im sure...

Last edited by SpragClutch; 04-26-2011 at 03:54 AM.
SpragClutch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2011, 12:06 PM   #123 (permalink)

Vince
Unhappy Visibility still stinks

I sat in a 2012 Civic yesterday. I will not buy another Honda until they make a car I can flippin' see out of. My 08 Si was a fun car, but I hated the visibility, especially on the autocross courses. Had to look out of the side window on sharp corners to see cones. Terrible when you go from a Mini where the windshield is right there in front of you. My 08 335i, which I picked up used for just a couple K more than a new Si, is so much easier to see out of.
Note to Honda: I like the visibility in the 6th gen Civics... Return to that and stop making cars with minivan size dashes that I could pack my luggage on!
orbhot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FALer View Post
Service bulletin:

SB 12-001A
LOL at "4. See if you can roll a basketball inside the wheel well".

But seriously I am still happy about my recently purchased 2011 Si.
damage13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2011, 02:14 PM   #125 (permalink)

Edwin
I feel you I had a rsx type s before the si and my boy had a base with very similar mods your right it def had better torque for daily driving but my type s with just cai would get it everytime and my si sedan against my friends 05 rsx I got him every time thats my logic but all cars are different and it is possible.
rdrgzfam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #126 (permalink)

Trevor
its so swooshy all over the place, that's probably got to make any repairs to the bodywork a pain in the ass
baby pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2011, 04:54 PM   #127 (permalink)

Paul
I like the new updates to the 2012 civic. Everything is just a tad bit better in my opinion. Have you seen the new "I'm a ninja" civic commercials. Great advertising. I'm not saying I'm going to trade in my 2007 for a 2012, but I'm not feeling jaded in any way toward the newer model.
sinirgi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2011, 05:40 PM   #128 (permalink)

Laura Kaeser
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLineOrange09 View Post
Im keeping my 2009 Si
keeping my 8th gen too. smh @ 9th gens.
LNBbaebee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2011, 07:59 PM   #129 (permalink)

Blake
2011 Scion tC Road Test Video

It could always be worse
Bul8K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2011, 11:15 PM   #130 (permalink)

josh
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdrgzfam View Post
I feel you I had a rsx type s before the si and my boy had a base with very similar mods your right it def had better torque for daily driving but my type s with just cai would get it everytime and my si sedan against my friends 05 rsx I got him every time thats my logic but all cars are different and it is possible.
agreed, a type S with even an sri and exhuast would have beaten my base model no problem, but I did race 2 different bone stock rsx S's with my base w/all my mods and beat'em both, not drastically or embarassingly. but enough to know it was definitely faster, and this in a beach town in so-cal where the weather is usually nice and cool. I have another friend however with an 06 type S, ARC super induction chamber, DCSheader, greddy evo II, re-flash, mugen sport suspension. and when vtec hits at 5200 in his car, its just starts to dissappear from my view....SO sexy lol.
SpragClutch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2011, 11:40 PM   #131 (permalink)
Pillar of Objectivity

Name: Mike
I can't tell what the back of the cars are trying to be. Saturn Ions, Honda Accord Crosstours, late gen Camrys, current gen mutated Civic/Corolla hybrids, or what.

I am still not impressed. I'll need to see an Si coupe on the lot before I rule it out entirely. I am not happy with what I am seeing, and even less happy that I am seeing Dyno Blue listed as a color for almost every Civic model. Not okay.

It was bad enough to cancel Fiji Blue, which was literally in every way superior to Dyno Blue, but now to open it up to the non-Si models. Eff. That.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmhonda View Post
Ringpop has been an extremely helpful member throughout the years and I doubt your joke is half as helpful as his worst post.
Special Ringpop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2011, 11:14 PM   #132 (permalink)

Derrick
Yeah, that new Scion TC is pretty gross.
averagewhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2011, 05:35 PM   #133 (permalink)

Jonas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLineOrange09 View Post
Im keeping my 2009 Si

Me too !!!!
pt1889 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2011, 11:31 PM   #134 (permalink)

ray
fail. whats goin on in the back?! whys it look like that and the front? come on -.- it looks like a angry 5 year old.... >:OOOO

it looks like its screaming cuz it cant go fast enough lol. and as far as tuning? parts are going to be mad expensive for this i bet. why spend 20k modding the car when for the 20k price of the mods + the price of the car itself.. you could just get a better car. yea honda love and all that.. cept when your going to put 40k into a car, me personally? its not gonna be in a honda. (40k includes the cost of these cars seeing as you gotta get it new atm) no thanks. not to mention its gaudy as ****.
hfp_si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 03:44 AM   #135 (permalink)
Jo-Von-E

Jhovany M.
Interesting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto619 View Post
vit twerks???
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0720Steve View Post
he taught miley.
Geovone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 03:06 PM   #136 (permalink)

Is everyone just mad that they don't have torque? I am.
08fg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2011, 12:15 AM   #137 (permalink)

Doug
I really don't like it. Keeping my 2010 RR Coupe. Like the guy said, looks more aggressive. Could be better hp gains from 2.4L. Still far surpasses the Scion tC though, which is probably the closest thing to a competitor for the Si. People refer to the mazdaspeed 3 as competition, but I honestly don't see how they could even be in the same class. Si N/A MS3 FI...Similarly priced I suppose, but not for insurance/fuel/repair costs
FoundThePineapple is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2011, 03:58 AM   #138 (permalink)

Haywood Jablomi
New Si apparently not even as good as the old one:

IL Track Tested: 2012 Honda Civic Si Coupe
FALer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2011, 10:36 PM   #139 (permalink)

Bristi
am i the only one who thinks they look like hyundais
timeline6000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2011, 09:38 AM   #140 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeline6000 View Post
am i the only one who thinks they look like hyundais
Nope. I would def take a 2.0T or save up some more for the 3.8L. I am also very into the new Kia's. Keep an eye out for the Ford Focus ST also. That sounds like it's gonna be a fun hatch. Not sure on its pricing tho.
jaxson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.