2012 Honda Civic Si Review [video] - Page 3 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Site Stuff > 8thcivic.com Site News > Honda Industry News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 06:19 PM   #41 (permalink)
VIP Member

Joey | Yoey | Joeh | OCD-boy
understood. fair enough. sorry if i came across as hella-biased. but sadly, i am... b/c i own a RRFA5 and i work at my 2nd Honda dealer in 4+ years.

agree to disagree... that's what opinions are all about.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/SOLO7thGenEX/07%20Civic%20Si%204DR/10p0lkl.png
SOLO8thGenSi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2011, 06:26 PM   #42 (permalink)

Mr.Miller
smh disappointed is all i can say.. that thing is not sexy at all looks like they were gonna use this model as a hybrid then said ayyyyy f it lets make it a si... this thing is farrrrr from sporty looking and.. i agree its needs more power smh ,...
itsmillz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2011, 06:29 PM   #43 (permalink)
Pillar of Objectivity

Name: Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLO8thGenSi View Post
understood. fair enough. sorry if i came across as hella-biased. but sadly, i am... b/c i own a RRFA5 and i work at my 2nd Honda dealer in 4+ years.

agree to disagree... that's what opinions are all about.
Oh for sure. I wasn't being offended or anything like that. I just am skeptical because I've had a questionable experience with my two brand new Honda's quality and reliability and the company's customer service.

So I'm a bit gun-shy. I love my Civic's, but I'm starting to wonder if there's another car that will fit my needs better. I really want a stick shift, but it's getting impossible to find it on a car with anything with decent options anymore .

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmhonda View Post
Ringpop has been an extremely helpful member throughout the years and I doubt your joke is half as helpful as his worst post.
Special Ringpop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2011, 06:32 PM   #44 (permalink)
VIP Member

Joey | Yoey | Joeh | OCD-boy
very true statement. i HATE autotragic but the closer you get to luxury, the less available a legit manual tranny is.

my exception would be something in the exotic line. i could stand a lil "flappy paddle" treatment there. or BMW's DCT (newer version of SMG) as another example. as if that's even remotely realistic though at this point.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/SOLO7thGenEX/07%20Civic%20Si%204DR/10p0lkl.png
SOLO8thGenSi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2011, 07:13 PM   #45 (permalink)

Franklyn
I just want that shift knob and I would like to see the HFP 18" rims
franklyn718 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2011, 08:10 PM   #46 (permalink)

Blake
I really like the idea of the i-Mid system but it is very close to the iDrive system in BMW's. I'm sure it looks great and works well just like the iDrive but you try to drive a six speed and operate that at the same time in town. Its hard enough worrying about when the idiot in front of you is going to slam on breaks because he/she is riding too close to the person in front of them. I know its not far from the windshield and the controls are on the steering wheel but, my point is that your concentration and eyesight will not be 100% focused on driving. My buddy has a 2008 BMW 535i with the iDrive system and you mine as well be looking down at your cell phone texting when driving. Be prepared to see or hear about a lot of rear end collisions by young drivers with this option. I'm not hating on the system, I'm just trying to make a valid point.

I just like how when i get into my 8th civic si I feel like i'm in more of a drivers car. I love having a big digital speedo, a nice tach, and a simple stereo that sounds great!
Bul8K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2011, 10:16 PM   #47 (permalink)

Michael
Wow that thing is ugly. Honda seems to be in last now in terms of sport compact power. No F.I. = Fail.
Hondacivicsi23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2011, 11:10 PM   #48 (permalink)

Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLO8thGenSi View Post

just FYI, overall exterior dimensions have only changed EVER so marginally. as a matter of fact, the only thing that grew substantially would be interior appointments. i learned this and plenty of other things during the 2012 Honda Civic dealership tour on 4/15 last Friday. American Honda toured all the dealers within the U.S. to train sales consultants on the new Civic.

the main reason the Civic has changed only a little bit is b/c thru Honda research and such, the general majority of the U.S. public claimed there's nothing wrong with the current style. Honda took all of that data into consideration when designing the new 9thGen Civic. that's the reason behind what looks more like an 8.5 Generation as opposed to a totally radical ground-up type of change.
The new Civic is actually smaller (IIRC) in both weight and overall size, and coupled with the larger displacement engine, would yield credability to the 'sporty' claim.
lab_rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2011, 11:26 PM   #49 (permalink)

Cause this is where it's at
I think it is an amazing creation. For all of you saying "4x4" I'm sure there is a good reason for it. Engineers that get paid millions designed that suspension. They made it that way for a reason. In my opinion, doing anything to one of these things along the lines of stance would be downgrading it.
spinks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2011, 11:27 PM   #50 (permalink)

Jimmy
I do like the seats shift knob, si badge on steering wheel and i-vtec indicator
JWen84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2011, 11:30 PM   #51 (permalink)

Haywood Jablomi
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg porter View Post
They said the rear sway bar is 4mm thicker than the 8th gen. Wonder if it'll swap over

There are a few things about the 2012 Si that I really like and would consider trading my car for. But I do not like the way it looks at all. And boo@7k redline
It's 15mm, from what I read at Edmunds.

Quote:
A strut front suspension returns for the new Civic Si, along with 11.8-inch front brake rotors and an 18mm sway bar (not shown). | April 15, 2011 | American Honda Motor Company, Inc.

Quote:
The rear multilink suspension uses steel upper A-arms, cast aluminum knuckles and double lower lateral links, along with a 15mm sway bar. | April 15, 2011 | American Honda Motor Company, Inc.
FALer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2011, 11:31 PM   #52 (permalink)

Anyone know the mpg rating?

I'm sure once Hondata gets a hold of the car then we will see what its really got to give.
White08Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 01:14 AM   #53 (permalink)

Honestly I would get the toyota FT-86 (now the scion FR-S... they made the hachiroku a friggin scion...) RWD > FF even with helical limited slip in the SI. Still love my 8th gen SI tho.
dizzy1127 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 01:47 AM   #54 (permalink)

since the new 2.4l is similar or equal to tsx 2.4l, why don't they make it in automatic??? it'll open up new potential buyers.
09hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 02:28 AM   #55 (permalink)

Andrew
because automatics are boring and it wouldn't feel like an si anymore...
infam0uzandrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 02:31 AM   #56 (permalink)

Luke
i agree it could have potential with some mods but the front is pretty nice and yes the rear is horrible.. and also agree i like higher revs... thats just me. but overall its chill.. i will keep my 06 si till it blows up then ill get a new motor to put in it lol i love my si, period end of story!! but dont get me wrong im gonna get me a Supra one day trust me ;-)
socal vtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 02:50 AM   #57 (permalink)

Phuong
looks apealing tech wise
Seikei is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 03:29 AM   #58 (permalink)

Nate
Looks decent powertrain and interior wise.

However even with the Si Trimmings, its still missing something on the outside, its so plain looking!

After looking on Honda's site I like the sedan FAR more than the coupe. Looks like an Impreza from the side ( not sure if thats a good or a bad thing yet )
Dudeyourlame is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 04:02 AM   #59 (permalink)

Mike
Looks:
Ehh...hit or miss...sedan definitely looks better, but both seem heavier than 8thgen. Interior never fails to leave me impressed: plenty of room, great storage, those bada$$ cup holders that accommodate any size drink, and great touch points (i.e. leather wrapped shift nob, leather steering wheel, seats).

Engine:
I don't know enough to comment on this. If the inability to replace the header is true, then other performance mods maybe bottle-necked by this.

Recommendations:
Just bring back the Integra Type R, S2000, RSX and NSX (heard this is coming)
mescay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 04:06 AM   #60 (permalink)

Christopher Calderin
New Si

Im only down to get this new Si if the parts that i have on my Si will fit. If not Than im perfectly fine with my 07. I have no problems with her. It would just be nice having a new car agian. Well see what happens. And the bigest thing is if Flashpro is compatable with the new car or if Flshpro will be available soon after its release.
letsrunit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.