8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Summer Track Meet: Official Thread...

2K views 42 replies 13 participants last post by  nycclaye 
#1 ·
Well its that time boys and girls its warming up, flowers are blooming, birds are chirping, and bees are buzzing...

At this point I am super open to suggestions as to which track, either Commerce or Reynolds (although I think commerce will be more convenient to most), which day, and all other details pertaining to this event... I think we should all coordinate a day where we can have a huge turn-out... Remember the meet I put together @ Andretti's last year? like that but x10!

Lets get the ball rolling guys, maybe we can bring a grill and cookout there all day too...

#2 ·
Josh, misleading info ftw.. a drag strip is not a track. its a straight line :p

Altho if anyone is interested in going wtih me to Road Atlanta for a couple of track days/ track touring/ auto x let me know :)

#6 ·
I'm down for either one ( if im still in the country). But may i suggest it either be sooner, or later.. not when its 110 ambient.. as it wont be very enjoyable lol, and im sure the times will be slow with the heatsoak :)

#7 ·
you guys are ghay, to each his own... losing tracking in my WWD (wrong wheel drive) monster around a turn = not fun... we had fun at the last "strip" meet which most of you missed out on and in my opinion its much more relaxed and enjoyable =)

Nobody tracks here except for you rich kids!

#20 ·
I'm in for either but I'd prefer to kick josh and dave's asses on the track!! The strip will still do. I don't mind burning up my gas on them in either spot!!! :thumb:

What date?

BTW, I'm finally lowered. Pro-kit FTW!!

#23 ·
It's actually N20, i hope you didn't put the wrong thing in your bottle!! haha

I hope you make it though, it will be interesting to see my times ( SC'd), Joshes (turbo) and you ( cheater fuel) lol.... should be a good day :)

#27 ·
mike if you find a track day, i'll pay for your entry so i can kick your ass :eek::readtherules::eek:hsnap: haha :p maybe not all of it, but if u can find a track day before i have to leave , i'll <3 u forever

btw i just saw TK on speed tv ( supercars exposed) was talking about his AMG 63 black series, and his e46 was on there, and his gt3.. *drools*

#31 · (Edited)
Woohoo for being ignored, Nick, you do realize what set-up im running for a track, right?

More corner speed, braking later, no brake fade, more consistent power... :)

Are you still running the stock struts on lowering springs?

#34 · (Edited)
Mike, i spoke with skunk2, i'm getting 18k rear springs to get the wheel rates correct, as its under-sprung and overdamped.

I'll be running 12k front 18k rear, taking the motion ratio into account at the moment im at 600# front, 300# ish rear on the 10k spring.

And as for this track nonsense.. do y'all want a head start or what?

*edit* and mike, you're not allowed to be boosting for this event. Im not racing something which has 650whp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.