8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

VTECnical's Circuit City Road Shop installation

245K views 556 replies 175 participants last post by  marc-o-lishuz 
#1 · (Edited)
:badger::dance::cheerleader::dancing:

I spoke with Circuit City today. I am in a great mood. Circuit City has stepped up big time and will take care of my car!

#355 · (Edited)
dude good luck with this, i would cry if this happened to my baby. Don't worry, the internet is pulling for you, digg is all over this.

All big shops aren't bad. I work at futureshop and the guys their did all of my audio equipment install. I trust them, they are great. They installed the amp and sub in mine and the wiring job was fantastic. The guys i work with will tell you straight up if they can do it or not. They did a navigation install on a civic once, took them i think 8 hours with three guys, but they did itt and everything was great. But they also said they are never doing it again beucase the amount of effort and time they put it is not worth what they charge, and i love them for being honest. They did it once but don't wanna do it again because they completely admitted its really easy to screw up installs like this in the 8th gen civics and accords...

#19 ·

I consulted with Matt, who at the time was the Circuit City Road Shop Manager. After informing Matt that I was interested in a GPS unit that would also function as a media center with XM and Sirius radio connectivity. I also indicated that I needed a professional setup and installation as my car was purchased on July 2nd 2008.
Under ticket numbers ....
i hope this didn't say that date on the actual letter :eek:hnoes:

how did Honda determine it was $12k in damage??

#15 ·
please ppl hit this button if u want to subscribe to a thread... don't just post "subscribed"

for reference:

#27 · (Edited)
THIS IS JUST A SMALL EXAMPLE. They cut out my heating ducts to make the unit fit and then TAPED the hole shut.

I know that $12,000 sounds large. Start thinking about the costs of air bags. That gives you an idea of the damage done to my car. :(
i'll take into consideration the cost of labor... i'll even exaggerate and ASSume it's half the cost of parts...

with that said a dashboard is about $300 the frame is maybe $200 all the wires is about another $300... actual airbags were not affected unless they blew them by touching wires... the airbag module is about another $300, stock amp $300, i'll even add all the airbags in the car with drastic round up $3000... let's add the stock ecu and round up too $1500 there's not much more i can think of and that's still @ $11,800...

i need more info to figure how they got to $12k... remember my prices were pretty exaggerated... not calling the OP a liar, i would like to see how Honda got that number...

#21 ·
Wow!! Drama :p
Why can't you just tell us what happened? like:
1- Went to Circuit City to install DVD
2- Installation went bad, had to go back to circuit city multiple times
3- Started Case but nothing was resolved
4- My airbags and electrical system are destroyed. Total damage of $12K

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.