8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

EP3 is better than FN2 (Euro CTR)

8K views 41 replies 28 participants last post by  GoHuskies 
#1 ·
#11 ·
indeed.. and it doesn't have an independent rear suspension either... some sort of torsion link setup (like a minivan)...

sucks for our european friends.

#14 ·
This is essentially what the FN2 has for rear suspension:

It's from a Golf, but it's essentially similar in application. Sucks, but true. And yes, our Si's will probably handle bends better than the FNX chassis.

And, the EP3 is still the EP3, even in Type R form.

#15 ·
I had an 04 EP3 and hands down was the most fun car to drive. It was glued to the road and never gave me any problems. One time I went through some mountain curvys and caught up to a porshe with some punk and his girl. He thougt he could shake me. He pulled away in the straights but in the turns I could out turn his boxster. In the end he pulled over and waved me by. What a blast to drive. I dare say it did handle better than my FG2. But the FG2 is more of everything with Navi, better stereo ect ect. If the EP3 had the K20 I would have never traded it, period.

#24 ·
In the Top Gear magazine car of the year awards I think the European civic typeR won the best hot hatch award. In the article it said "don't tell Clarkson" or something like that. So that car can't be all bad, although I'm happy mine has an lsd and better suspension, even if the euro hatch may be more stylish.

#31 ·
:thumb: True.

I actually find Jeremy's oddity with the EP3 quite weird, since it's those VERY SAME characteristics he liked in the Ford Focus ST (The AZBO). Again, though, Top Gear is just very highly opinionated. Fun to watch, but hard to believe them to be credible at the same time.

#32 ·
Theyr biased cause theyr English ???

Bring a Jag or Aston....they go crazy...and tell u they highly recommend it...this and that.....but Drive German/Italian/American cars...especially Clarkson.

Clarkson usually does the same when he is talking about Fords....I think Ford pays him or sumthing.

Its very fun to watch....but sometimes Clarkson talks like a A-hole...he is a journalist...not an Engineer/Race Driver....Thanks to Simon Cowell, who pointed it out. Clarkson had his mouth shut.

#33 ·
lol did u see the off road test top gear did? euro vs. american. They took a hummer h2 vs. land rover vs a cadillac escalade WTF? Whats off-road about an escalade?? They raced up an off-road hill to see who would make it to the top first. The hummer broke down for some reason lol and the caddy just got stuck with its rwd. I dunno what was up with the hummer, which i think is a pos anyway, but choosing the escalade for this type of race made it obvious it was rigged to make the land rover shine. If they really wanted to show the competition they should have picked something out of the jeep line-up. The h2 was acceptable because it should be perfect for something like this. Maybe they screwed the hummer on purpose or it really did **** out on them i dunno but these biased cheapshots really show the obvious childish bias. The show is fun to watch but not credable...

#35 ·
Although I love Top Gear, Clarkson trivialized some of the stupid features on the car, like the beeping for the key in ignition.

The FN2 is disappointment after that review. The whole torsion suspension is bizzare, and I cant figure out why they didnt add an LSD. For the 1st time, I admit the US got a better car than the euro version.

#37 ·
Wow, what a great video. I used to HATE ep3s but they've grown on me so much... someone in my city has a white one that's dropped w/black rims... looks SOOO nice. Anyway, I like the looks of the EP3 better anyway. The ONLY thing the new CTR has is interior style... that is so drool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.