8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

CHECK YOUR CAR, if it gets towed!

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  radiocontrolhead 
#1 ·
I made the mistake of parking my new Civic in a "no parking 4 to 6pm" zone, and got it towed. I find the guy ramming a metal rod down the side of my door, and to my surprise, I check the door, and the entire thing is BENT. The car's frame and door are scratched, my door lock latch and window button is scratched, and my door is nearly cracked open (not enough for water to leak in, luckily. It's raining like hell here in Los Angeles.) but I got so angry... what was worse, I couldn't pick up the car myself, because it was in my mother's name, so she had to come down. She got so pissed off that she made the towing lot manager sign a note saying that they would pay for the repairs. (I don't know if they'll bend the door back into shape, or just give me a whole new door...)

Regardless, if anyone gets their new Civic towed, CHECK YOUR DOORS FOR DAMAGE.

#3 ·
pixiedotcom said:
Did you know that it was a"no parking" zone when you parked there?
I checked the meter, and it said that you didn't have to pay after 4pm. So I figured, "Oh, sweet. Free parking." and walked off. Little did I know that two meters BEHIND MY CAR was a sign that happened to note that there was to be no parking within the hours of 4 to 6 pm.

#12 ·
Update:

They fixed my door, put in a couple of little new door panel pieces in, and it's good as new! They even detailed my car, it looked great for two days, then I parked it in my driveway, where my neighbor's tree proceeded to drip sap all over it and ruin it. :D

#15 ·
I got my car towed last month in SF; one of the residents said I was blocking a bit of their driveway I guess. The car's under my dad's name, but luckily my dad's name is my middle name. Comes in handy when I'm using his credit card...or trying to get my car out of the impound lot. Luckily, my car was fine...but I do know the pain of getting your new ride towed. Good to hear about the repairs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.