8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Does anyone name their cars?

193K views 1K replies 859 participants last post by  wolfiezsnb 
#1 ·
Anybody else have female or male names for their cars? I take care of my cars like I take care of the women in my life and I like to have names for them because I feel a personal attachment and pride for the work I do with them, whether it's a mod here and there or just cleaning and detailing them. My Legend was Gloria, and if I'd gotten the Habanero Si that's available locally, I would've called her Thalia. I still might call the Fiji Thalia. Unless someone comes up with a better name. Just curious if anybody else does this.

Gloria's got a broken leg. :( And she's a little uncoordinated. Once she starts running, she has a hard-time stopping.

#82 ·
I am naming my Si Heidi b/c it's a beautiful car and I have never met a ugly Heidi in my days. My wife is going to be pissed but that makes it more fun :p She hates that name, muhahaha! ;)

My Accord I just call my girl. My Teg I call Ralph b/c it looks like crap right now haha.

#83 ·
My sister's Liberty is named "Buckwheat."
Our Durango is simply called "The Big D."

My Jetta is just Jetta. Though someone once recommended "The Hotbox," which was a bit ironic...

My friend's old 86 Lincoln Towncar was known as "The President." Sadly a saturn T-boned it at 45 miles per hour. The Saturn was completely dead on the spot. The President just limped home almost as if nothing had happened. Unfortunately the front frame was slightly bent and it was retired. I'll never forget my friend's attempts at powersliding that behemoth in the rain.

#84 ·
Gonzo said:
My sister's Liberty is named "Buckwheat."
Our Durango is simply called "The Big D."

My Jetta is just Jetta. Though someone once recommended "The Hotbox," which was a bit ironic...

My friend's old 86 Lincoln Towncar was known as "The President." Sadly a saturn T-boned it at 45 miles per hour. The Saturn was completely dead on the spot. The President just limped home almost as if nothing had happened. Unfortunately the front frame was slightly bent and it was retired. I'll never forget my friend's attempts at powersliding that behemoth in the rain.
:( POOR CAR

#86 ·
Ah correction, I made a reference to a YTMND while driving around town and my friends liked it so it has now stuck.

My baby is now called the USS Jettaprise.