8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Does anyone name their cars?

193K views 1K replies 859 participants last post by  wolfiezsnb 
#1 ·
Anybody else have female or male names for their cars? I take care of my cars like I take care of the women in my life and I like to have names for them because I feel a personal attachment and pride for the work I do with them, whether it's a mod here and there or just cleaning and detailing them. My Legend was Gloria, and if I'd gotten the Habanero Si that's available locally, I would've called her Thalia. I still might call the Fiji Thalia. Unless someone comes up with a better name. Just curious if anybody else does this.

Gloria's got a broken leg. :( And she's a little uncoordinated. Once she starts running, she has a hard-time stopping.

#27 ·
my dad named my car, she is called the blue angel, kinda tacky but i could not break my fathers heart when he said the name, for some reason he thinks i am an angel but he hasn't seen how i really drive...:) and he lives on the other side of canada.

#39 ·
_cargirl said:
I haven't named my car yet but I'll probably choose a girl's name. She's our third baby. (My boyfriend, the dog and then the car)
I dunno about girls, but for guys I think it'd be wierd to be driving around in a dude car. "Check out my new car Frank. Yeah, he's especially fun to ride at night. 8 pistons of long, hard, thrusting power, baby!"

#41 ·
Celcius said:
I dunno about girls, but for guys I think it'd be wierd to be driving around in a dude car. "Check out my new car Frank. Yeah, he's especially fun to ride at night. 8 pistons of long, hard, thrusting power, baby!"
well im a girl and i gave my car a guy's name and i still get sh*t about it all the time :rolleyes:

but IF my car was a girl...her name would be Deijah

#42 ·
Celcius said:
LOLOLOLOLOL!

This is why I chose a girl's name for my car. Perfect me and my boyfriend to call her our baby, lol.

#44 ·
88 Ford Taurus - Trixie (never knew if she was gonna work for me on any given day)
97 Civic DX 4 door - Julies
99 Accord Coupe EX 4cyl - Cynthia
02 Acura RSX Type-S - Nikki
04 Element EX - Vanessa
95 Camaro Z28 - Tiffany
95 Jimmy SLE 4x4 - Victoria

06 Civic Si FBP - ??? Will name her when she comes in.