Racing kill stories - Page 107 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Welcome > Garage

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 01:54 AM   #2121 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris5597 View Post
It is very possible for a full bolt on Si to beat a stock STI. ^^^^ making that statement just makes you seem like a "young ricer." Just because someone makes a statement in regards to beating a car doesn't make them a ricer. Not saying that an bolt on Si is "fast", its by no means a slow car. It has enough power for its class. The Honda civic wasn't built with 10s in mind, it was designed to be balanced in hp, braking, and handling. If someone beat someone in a race, who are you to say they didn't or it didn't happen. So shut up.
Wrong wrong wrong. Na 4 banger is slow no matter what. Your fanboyism is showing and its sad. Ill leave this here:

Built up Si torque: 170 to the wheels
Stock STI torque 270 to the wheels

End of story. If you 'beat' one then it was a ricer flyby or he fell asleep at the wheel. Now for the love of god stop putting exhaust systems on Na 4 bangers and turbo that slow car!!
SlowSiIsSlow is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 02:29 AM   #2122 (permalink)

*Beto the Toilet Terrorist*
i beat an sti in my stock Si.

Last edited by Beto619; 12-07-2012 at 02:30 AM.
Beto619 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 02:31 AM   #2123 (permalink)

Robert
SIs are slow to the point that I sometimes cry myself to sleep at night
HeelsandEers is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 02:32 AM   #2124 (permalink)

i hate you....you troll.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:35 AM   #2125 (permalink)

Robert
Old 12-07-2012, 02:42 AM   #2126 (permalink)

i beat a lambo in my ford fiesta....lyk.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:46 AM   #2127 (permalink)

Robert
So that was you that beat me.....
Old 12-07-2012, 07:27 AM   #2128 (permalink)

lol the last time I went to the drag strip a 4banger camry SLE beat a new STI by like .1 seconds but the STI guy was REALLLLY bad...
dereck5475 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #2129 (permalink)

Stephen
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSiIsSlow View Post
Wrong wrong wrong. Na 4 banger is slow no matter what. Your fanboyism is showing and its sad. Ill leave this here:

End of story. If you 'beat' one then it was a ricer flyby or he fell asleep at the wheel. Now for the love of god stop putting exhaust systems on Na 4 bangers and turbo that slow car!!
stock sti horsepower to the wheel: 240
built up si power to the wheels: 240+

What were you saying again? I don't remotely understand how people think it's not possible.

I think a lot of people have it in their heads that the sti is an unbeatable 300 whp 350+ wtq machine off the factory floor. it takes at least exhaust mods and a full tune to get those results.

No one ever said they beat a modified sti.
w00t692 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 08:53 AM   #2130 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSiIsSlow View Post

Torque plays much more of a role on a hill. On a straight level road, HP is the bigger decider. Watch the Best Motoring N/A vs. Turbo race if you don't believe me.

Go troll somewhere else, your idiocy is showing and it's sad: "NA 4 banger is slow no matter what." Sure they are... Tell that to Jeremy Lookofsky or Jotech's Black Widow running 11's N/A. Better yet, go race them in your super STi you don't have.
glxygreysi08 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #2131 (permalink)

Kris
Don't worry about him. He seems like the dumb $hit type that thinks the bigger the engine liter and/ or judges how fast a car is by the mph on the tach. He is just here to be a worthless ****, he knows nothing.
kris5597 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 09:15 AM   #2132 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelsandEers View Post
SIs are slow to the point that I sometimes cry myself to sleep at night
me too.

and I've already proven it to be quicker than most stock Si's-- ran 14.8 and trapped 95...

Quote:
Originally Posted by glxygreysi08 View Post
Torque plays much more of a role on a hill. On a straight level road, HP is the bigger decider. Watch the Best Motoring N/A vs. Turbo race if you don't believe me.

Go troll somewhere else, your idiocy is showing and it's sad: "NA 4 banger is slow no matter what." Sure they are... Tell that to Jeremy Lookofsky or Jotech's Black Widow running 11's N/A. Better yet, go race them in your super STi you don't have.
on a hill? lol who races on a hill?

just a thought, the black widow trapped what, 116? that's quick for a stock turbo STI, with just bolt ons and e85... the widow is fully built on e85... so yes, no matter what, unless you have an 1800lb drag car, N/A 4 bangers are slow as balls
Fa5terYo is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 09:34 AM   #2133 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fa5terYo View Post
me too.

and I've already proven it to be quicker than most stock Si's-- ran 14.8 and trapped 95...

on a hill? lol who races on a hill?

just a thought, the black widow trapped what, 116? that's quick for a stock turbo STI, with just bolt ons and e85... the widow is fully built on e85... so yes, no matter what, unless you have an 1800lb drag car, N/A 4 bangers are slow as balls
I'm not saying people should race on a hill, but in CO (for example, where I live), there are very many hills. So if you're roll racing (like most people do on the street), it's very possible you'll be doing so up or down a hill. My race against the STi was on a straight road, however.

If you think 11.6 sec in the 1/4 mile is slow (especially for a FWD car), you need help brah. Serious help, cause whatever you're smoking, is making you crazy.

BTW, the fastest stock turbo STi ran 11.78 on race gas.

Link: Stock turbo STI 1/4 mile, fastest stock turbo STI, vf39 sti power | R U Subaru? - Tuning Forced Induction Cars and Alcohol Injection
Old 12-07-2012, 09:36 AM   #2134 (permalink)

Stephen
All those 9 second sti's running around. You know there's all motor k series hatches running full weight 2270 lbs without driver running 9's

Honestly this isn't the argument so who cares. STOCK STI VS BOLT ON TUNED SI. Close race every time sorry
w00t692 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #2135 (permalink)
ಠ_ಠ

snizzletoff
My only issue is that fact that this argument started like this, STI vs Very mild bolt on + flashpro no tune. Now somehow we are discussing a 240whp vs a stock sti? seems legit. Then you jump down my throat like always for no ******* reason.

Vtecfred has the best way to solve this hands down, Video or it didn't happen! Pretty much ends all this bull****.

Last edited by snizzletoff; 12-07-2012 at 09:43 AM.
snizzletoff is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #2136 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm not saying people should race on a hill, but in CO (for example, where I live), there are very many hills. So if you're roll racing (like most people do on the street), it's very possible you'll be doing so up or down a hill. My race against the STi was on a straight road, however.

If you think 11.6 sec in the 1/4 mile is slow (especially for a FWD car), you need help brah. Serious help, cause whatever you're smoking, is making you crazy.

BTW, the fastest stock turbo STi ran 11.78 on race gas.

Link: Stock turbo STI 1/4 mile, fastest stock turbo STI, vf39 sti power | R U Subaru? - Tuning Forced Induction Cars and Alcohol Injection
downsti ran that YEARS ago.

STI Mikey beat it last year in his 07.. on pump gas.

11.50 @ 118

so, you and the widow lose.

World's Fastest Stock Turbo STi 11.50 @ 118.32 - YouTube
Old 12-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #2137 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzletoff View Post
My only issue is that fact that this argument started like this, STI vs Very mild bolt on + flashpro no tune. Now somehow we are discussing a 240whp vs a stock sti? seems legit. Then you jump down my throat like always for no ******* reason.

Vtecfred has the best way to solve this hands down, Video or it didn't happen! Pretty much ends all this bull****.
I really don't understand why you continue posting the same thing with no evidence. You want a video, I already told you a page ago to go and watch Tongman's video on youtube vs. a stock 2011 WRX. ***Spoiler alert: he beats it from a roll and from a dig. *Gasp.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:00 AM   #2138 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fa5terYo View Post
downsti ran that YEARS ago.

STI Mikey beat it last year in his 07.. on pump gas.

11.50 @ 118

so, you and the widow lose.

World's Fastest Stock Turbo STi 11.50 @ 118.32 - YouTube
And your point is..... what exactly?

Oh, you still haven't said how 11 sec in the 1/4 is slow for a street driven car.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #2139 (permalink)

street driven on those tires, just like that, right?? WRONG.

Quote:
I really don't understand why you continue posting the same thing with no evidence. You want a video, I already told you a page ago to go and watch Tongman's video on youtube vs. a stock 2011 WRX. ***Spoiler alert: he beats it from a roll and from a dig. *Gasp.
here's just one of the many proofs I can show you that make your arguments invalid.

Bone Stock 2009 WRX 1/4 Mile Times - NASIOC

bone stock 09 wrx, in 2009, trapping 102/103mph... your bolt on Si doesn't do that, nor does it come close to a 13.2 1/4 mile

Last edited by Fa5terYo; 12-07-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #2140 (permalink)
ಠ_ಠ

snizzletoff
Quote:
And a WRX isn't an STI, and Tongman's car isn't the one i am questioning. And i'm the one posting with no evidence? This is an online car forum, 90% of the posts are bull**** and lies, welcome to the internet. I am asking for someone to ACTUALLY back up what they are saying with a video of a car with I/H/E (if the car in question even has this) +flashpro beating a stock sti.
What i am saying, because clearly no one can read, that vick1313 with a flashpro basemap and mild bolt ons (i say mild because he hasn't even posted what he has) beat an STI. stfu if you are comparing other Subaru's and other civic si's i don't care, because i am not saying that a modded civic si can't beat a stock STI. How do i know that? because i have a slight hunch that I could beat one

Last edited by snizzletoff; 12-07-2012 at 10:05 AM.
snizzletoff is online now   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.