8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Anyone Have any RWD Conversion History

5K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  AdamEX 
#1 ·
For a little while my EM1 has been just sitting around...i don't put much of any miles on her anymore and i've been slowly possibly considering turning her untainted form into something else...because lord knows I absolutely love the EM1 look. Easily my favorite Honda.

But I want more power...a lot more. And i don't want it to be hindered by FWD...so I am considering seeing if anyone thinks without really really destroying the structural integrity of the car (aka butchering the frame) if the older EM1 can be converted to RWD...with something like an LS1/2.

This would be a long long project probably a few years. I don't really want to get rid of her each time i think about selling her i think man i will never own another one of these this nice...and it stops me but I just don't put her to any use anymore.

I need a reason to...=/

#5 ·
Thats not too bad i assume things like that have to happen i more mean like the first guys link where the guy had to chop entire front ends off reweld the frame then chop more pieces from another car and reweld that to the new frame.

That to me just seems like id be killing my car over improving upon it.

#8 ·
Yo find the Civette guy.

He lives in Atlanta, and I believe he swapped a LS1 Into it..

I swear he lives in ATL. If you can find him, you can probably ask him all the questions..

Of course, everyone on here is gonna be like.. STUPID. Well I say do it, be different, shock the world..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.