Coupe or Sedan? - Page 9 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Welcome > Garage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2007, 11:14 PM   #161 (permalink)

OK, I'll start. You don't really lose anything with the sedan, but you gain room and back doors through which you are able to insert and withdraw people and things. The sedan is more stealthy, too, imho. But not everyone wants to be stealthy. Looks are a really personal thing, but I think the sedan has a sort of "BMW 2.0 Series" look to it- very classy, if small.
LCG20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2007, 11:32 PM   #162 (permalink)
MBK

coupe is fun
MBK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2007, 11:48 PM   #163 (permalink)

Dan
For me it was the stealth look..the fact not alot of people havethem..the room..the upgrades (and yes if you compare your sedan to an 07 coupe si you can tell,,added trunk insulation..rubber cap over hinges on trunk..screw in clips..interior matched up better)..the rattles are less..more room..bigger trunk..I sit next to any cop and dont worry about looking like im causing trouble. (if your single and want to add more effect to this in your Sedan ..Add a baby seat!!! LOL)
My insurance went DOWN..people get in and out of my car without me getting in and out of it..FA5 ftw!

The downfall......The idiot who added the locking/unlocking mechanism on the trunk..I'm having this removed and filled and color matched....also having the back door handles shaved and filled when I get it painted PANAMA YELLOW!!!
07Sin4Door is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2007, 09:07 AM   #164 (permalink)

I'm glad to see a few people have some opinions. I agree, the sedan does have that stealth feel to it. Although, sometimes when I look at the coupe, I think of a speeding bullet. I have an 07 sedan Si and have had no rattles that many talk about on here. It seems like a solid machine, and I'm assuming the 07 coupes are also put together a wee bit better.
JapTrapLove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2007, 09:15 AM   #165 (permalink)

Personal opinion here...fg2 and fa5 have indentical performance numbers so it comes down to personal preference. Not only do i not like the look of the sedan, but if im driving a sedan....it better be a pimp mobile(leather,heated seats,mirrors,sporty automatic,absolutley loaded....etc.)

i just couldnt drive an econo 4door i guess.

great car none the less. all personal preference though.
BLU BY U is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2007, 09:20 AM   #166 (permalink)
Scrodums

The sedan has really grew on me. I remember when Honda first announced the 2006 Civics, I thought the sedan version was disgusting. Little did I know, I'd be buying this disgusting vehicle. :gaygiggle Anyways, I think the sedan has grown on many people here. There were a lot of comments regarding the Si's legacy of being a coupe, but I think a lot of people appreciate the four door look now. I mean look at sickyute's, the thing was pimp after he dropped it on his Teins and added his rims! Now he has a very sexy conversion.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:26 AM   #167 (permalink)

2008 NFR S2000
I like the fact that the coupe and the sedan look like different models. There is enough of a difference that the general public wouldn't think that they were the same model. I personally drive a coupe, but the Si sedan is pretty bad azz too.

BTW, there are way more sedans in my area. They are getting very popular here. The owners are usually older and/or female though.
MutantCheese is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2007, 09:29 AM   #168 (permalink)

2008 NFR S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodums
There were a lot of comments regarding the Si's legacy of being a coupe, but I think a lot of people appreciate the four door look now.
Really, the Si was originally a 4 seat hatch, not a coupe. But I agree, I was pretty upset about the Si sedan when it first came out. It has since grown on me and i kinda think it's sexy now. Still wouldn't trade my coupe for one though.

Last edited by MutantCheese; 04-07-2007 at 11:53 AM.
MutantCheese is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2007, 09:37 AM   #169 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantCheese
I like the fact that the coupe and the sedan look like different models. There is enough of a difference that the general public wouldn't think that they were the same model. I personally drive a coupe, but the Si sedan is pretty bad azz too.

BTW, there are way more sedans in my area. They are getting very popular here. The owners are usually older and/or female though.
I'm surprised to hear that you have been seeing a lot of sedans in your area. I bought mine a few weeks ago and have yet to see another. I'm sure there are plenty, just not enough around here to see on a regular basis...yet. I also agree that its nice to see some major differences between the two. Honda would have been stupid to make them look like twins.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:39 AM   #170 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU BY U
Personal opinion here...fg2 and fa5 have indentical performance numbers so it comes down to personal preference. Not only do i not like the look of the sedan, but if im driving a sedan....it better be a pimp mobile(leather,heated seats,mirrors,sporty automatic,absolutley loaded....etc.)

i just couldnt drive an econo 4door i guess.

great car none the less. all personal preference though.
Personal preference is the only factor really. Like you said. Just curious, what is it specifically that makes you not like the sedan? Or is it just the overall rep. of driving a four door?
Old 04-07-2007, 09:51 AM   #171 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapTrapLove
Personal preference is the only factor really. Like you said. Just curious, what is it specifically that makes you not like the sedan? Or is it just the overall rep. of driving a four door?
The fact that the rear end looks like it was hit with a frying pan. i cant get over the overall look of the civic sedan. More importantly, when i think of a 4door, i think luxury for some reason. just my personal preference.

this is going to be a long thread.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:52 AM   #172 (permalink)

I think it purely comes down to if you need the extra two doors or not. Personally, I prefer the lines of the coupe vs. the sedan, but both are pretty sweet looking vehicles.

I bought the coupe, but would have been perfectly happy getting a sedan if that was all that the the Si was available in.
Fiji CSi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2007, 12:02 PM   #173 (permalink)

Scott
2 Kids = 4 Doors.

The C pillars are smaller on the coupe so you get better visibility in your rear quarter.

Si coupes are a common as dirt, Si sedans are rare.

Scott
cbstd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2007, 12:03 PM   #174 (permalink)

only 2 other si coupes in my town. 6 sedans and 2 of the sedans i see everyday.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:06 PM   #175 (permalink)
Banned

if you want more roomy with comfy. GO FOR SEDAN
if you want sleek looking with BIG ass. GO FOR COUPE
inyong1988 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2007, 12:19 PM   #176 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbstd
2 Kids = 4 Doors.

The C pillars are smaller on the coupe so you get better visibility in your rear quarter.

Si coupes are a common as dirt, Si sedans are rare.

Scott
2 kids = coupe for me; although we have an Oddy for family trips.

I debated trading in for a 4dr, but I couldnt pull the trigger. I liked the coupe far better b/c of its seating position. It is actually lower than the 4dr (more ****pit like) & I HATE HATE HATE those little uncomfortable arm rests compared to the coupes.
n8ssi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2007, 12:33 PM   #177 (permalink)

Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8ssi
2 kids = coupe for me; although we have an Oddy for family trips.

I debated trading in for a 4dr, but I couldnt pull the trigger. I liked the coupe far better b/c of its seating position. It is actually lower than the 4dr (more ****pit like) & I HATE HATE HATE those little uncomfortable arm rests compared to the coupes.
you do know the seats adjust up and down right..hehe..
07Sin4Door is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2007, 02:52 PM   #178 (permalink)

The doors on the sedan looked like they have been crammed in. The coupe looks more sporty to me. . .then again I guess I am biased since I own the coupe.
crackerjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2007, 04:20 PM   #179 (permalink)

One thing I just realized while looking at my coupe. The doors DO looked crammed a little. Almost like the whole car should actually be a few inches longer to it look a little more symmetrical. Of course, symmetrical is not necessarily the styling rage these days for all cars.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:21 PM   #180 (permalink)

Spoiler on each. Yay or Nay?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.