Coupe or Sedan? - Page 2 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Welcome > Garage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2006, 06:16 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicWithNav
Sedan
+More Room
+Rear End

Coupe
+Sharper looking over all
+Rear End
+7 speaker 350watt stereo
+XM Ready

i mean it would boil down to whether you NEED the back seats or not.
I agreed with what "CivicWithNav" said. The only thing I would add is, insurance wise, coupe cars will cost a little more to insured. The difference was about $100/year for me.
Civic2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2006, 07:26 PM   #22 (permalink)

Tough choice!

Mine is a sedan, but I need the 4 doors.
However, I love the look of the coupe, really nice.
The coupe suspension is set up a bit tighter, too = sportier driving.

But the coupe is 2" shorter inside. (When I bought the 'all season' mats, the instructions said something like: Trim off the last two inches of the rear floor mat (along a line formed into back-part of the mat). That's where you'll give up the 2 inches--in interior length--back seat floor. Less head room too.

Personally, I like a "tight fitting" car, but if you're feeling clostrophobic in the coupe, then take your time.
Drive both the sedan and coupe a lot, and then decide.

Don't rush, is the best advice I can give you. Be sure confident of your decision.
Once you drive it off the lot, it's yours, there's no going back (without a fairly steep financial penalty, anyway).

Happy Civic shopping!

Regards,
Glenn in CT
GlennS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2006, 08:11 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civic2006
I agreed with what "CivicWithNav" said. The only thing I would add is, insurance wise, coupe cars will cost a little more to insured. The difference was about $100/year for me.
I pay 68.00 a month full coverage....
Cybergypsy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2006, 10:14 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
I pay 68.00 a month full coverage....

My 2006 EX Sedan is $56.75/month. I have had this insurance for awhile, and was thinking about checking out some other companies just to make sure my rates are still competitve. Looks like they are.

BTW, am I the only one who thinks that the sedan looks better than the coupe?

Last edited by Mitral; 05-17-2006 at 10:29 PM.
Mitral is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2006, 10:22 PM   #25 (permalink)

You're not the only one. I like the sedan better too. But I've never been fond of small coupes anyways. Medium or large coupes are alright, but small ones just look so ... small.
But thats just me.
Slug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2006, 11:48 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennS
Tough choice!

But the coupe is 2" shorter inside. (When I bought the 'all season' mats, the instructions said something like: Trim off the last two inches of the rear floor mat (along a line formed into back-part of the mat). That's where you'll give up the 2 inches--in interior length--back seat floor.

I actually decided not to trim those two inches off, reason being is that you can fold those two inches upwards so that it protects the first two inches of the seat, which is where the back of your feet kick the seat. So you don't get dirt on the bottom's of the seat, and any water, dirt is trapped in the floormat. It looks good too.
jwoair23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2006, 03:06 PM   #27 (permalink)

I don't understand why anyone would choose a coupe over a sedan in anything but a sports car..... especially someone with small children.... that has to be fun trying to get them in the back seat every time. I just wouldn't be able to justify a backseat that is hard to get people and things into with the fact that "hey, my car looks a LITTLE better so it makes it worth it" but hey, different strokes for different folks.
aj4451 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2006, 03:39 PM   #28 (permalink)

Canucks FTW!
Well I like the coupe better but I had to buy the sedan because of the back seats being used alot. Like one of the other posters said tint it, lower it and through on some wheels and I think it looks pretty good!

Another thing I like about the coupe is the front seats they are a bit more sporty feeling.
Rpm2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2006, 03:56 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitral
My 2006 EX Sedan is $56.75/month. I have had this insurance for awhile, and was thinking about checking out some other companies just to make sure my rates are still competitve. Looks like they are.

If i wanted a sedan, i would have bought another BMW, but like the lines of the coupe,,, the sedan does not turn my head at all....or my need for 4 doors....you know what they say 4 doors, your getting old!
Old 05-18-2006, 03:59 PM   #30 (permalink)

Canucks FTW!
Quote:
....you know what they say 4 doors, your getting old!
I think only old people say that!
Old 05-18-2006, 04:02 PM   #31 (permalink)

Rpm2,
How much tinting is on your car (%), and roughly, what does that cost?
Thanks,
Glenn in CT
Old 05-18-2006, 04:14 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpm2
I think only old people say that!
you must own a sedan!
Old 05-18-2006, 04:17 PM   #33 (permalink)

Canucks FTW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennS
Rpm2,
How much tinting is on your car (%), and roughly, what does that cost?
Thanks,
Glenn in CT
Sorry about that there is no tint on my car I photoshopped it on. I haven't had time to get it tinted yet. I don't know any good dealers for tint where I live. I just wanted to show what it would look like. From what I have heard it could be anywhere from $125 to $250 depending on quality and warranty.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:59 PM   #34 (permalink)

Shawn
Personally I think the Sedans look classier than the coupes. I tihnk the coupes are more a teenage car and the sedan is more for 30+. ONe down fall is the lack of aftermarket parts for the sedan. I am tihnking of getting a better exgaust to boost power a lil and give it a lil sound though cant seem to find any.
Gaspar_06_Civic_EX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2006, 05:07 PM   #35 (permalink)

Canucks FTW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaspar_06_Civic_EX
Personally I think the Sedans look classier than the coupes. I tihnk the coupes are more a teenage car and the sedan is more for 30+. ONe down fall is the lack of aftermarket parts for the sedan. I am tihnking of getting a better exgaust to boost power a lil and give it a lil sound though cant seem to find any.
I think it will be a while for exaust I'm having a hard enough time getting springs.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:20 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:

see i find sedans for 60+ folks, and coupes for under 60......lol
Old 05-18-2006, 05:22 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:

see i find sedans for 60+ folks, and coupes for under 60......lol find nothing classy about a sedan maybe a 6 series bmw, if you are going to buy a sedan get a gold buick, LOL
Old 05-18-2006, 09:13 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
see i find sedans for 60+ folks, and coupes for under 60......lol find nothing classy about a sedan maybe a 6 series bmw, if you are going to buy a sedan get a gold buick, LOL
Ahhh, but some might argue: "Coupes are for chicks!"
LOL (Just kidding.)

This is the very first sedan I've ever owned, and at 52 years old, I've owned a bunch of cars: Everything from a '67 GTO (wish I still owned that car!), to a T-Bird, to a pair of BMW 320i's--one red, one blue. Every one a coupe.

But with no hatchback available in the gas-saving Civic lineup, a sedan is what I need for work (computers / network biz). For example: Last week, I folded the rear seat down, and easily stuffed two 17" (CRT) computer monitors--still in their styrofoam-lined, cardboard boxes--into the back of my car, through the wide-open rear doors. That'd be a tough trick to pull off in the coupe: Getting those large boxes inside would not be a simple task!

Were it not for that type of "ease of access to the back seat" kind of utility, I'd have bought the coupe--no question. Too bad the nice European Type-R hatchback Civic is not available here in the US of A.

Regards,
Glenn in CT

Last edited by GlennS; 05-18-2006 at 09:21 PM.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:08 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitral
I had to get a sedan since I have a 9 mo. old and a three yr. old (try getting a baby in a carseat thru the door and past the front seat to the back). but I saw the sedans first and bought it for ^, then I started seeing the coupes and I am glad I got the sedan. I hate the rearend but like the bumper on the coupes
scrappy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2006, 11:57 PM   #40 (permalink)

I think both look nice, but I opted for the coupe. I liked the rear styling better on the coupe. To each his/her own.
Rxego24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.