Here you can find answers to questions about how the board works. Use the links below or the search box above to find your way around.
The following rules apply to all members of 8thcivic.com. They are instated to
ensure a well-run board and to embrace meaningful discussions related to the
1. No vendor advertising unless you are registered as a vendor with our site.
This includes but is not limited to threads, posts, avatars, and signatures. For
advertising information please contact the
2. Before posting a question, please conduct a search for an answer.
3. Absolutely no postings of nudity or sexually explicit materials. This site is
"work friendly" and any images or avatars deemed unacceptable will be removed.
4. The moderators and administrators of 8thcivic.com have the right to
edit/open/close/move/delete any thread or post.
5. Posting in all CAPS is forbidden. If the majority of a message if determined
to be made up of CAPS it will be deleted and the user will be warned.
6. Circumventing the inappropriate language filter is forbidden. Repeat
offenders will be banned.
7. No bashing vendors, shops, or other websites without just cause. 8thcivic.com
reserves the right to determine when just cause has been proven, so all
complaints should be sent to our staff for evaluation. If you don't like it and
haven't talked to our staff about it, don't post.
8. 8thcivic.com is an English-speaking forum. The contents of every message
SHOULD be written with proper English. If you have been warned and the content
is not corrected within 24 hours, your message will be deleted. The
international forums are allowed to use some native language but entire threads
may not be in a language other then English.
9. Post subjects should give an honest description of the content inside. This
information should either be included in the subject or description line.
Furthermore, subjects and messages should not have any derogatory comments
towards any race, gender, sexuality, ethnic background, or age.
10. All issues with members should be taken up by email or through the use of
our pm system. If you like, you may contact a moderator or staff member to
11. Flaming will not be tolerated for any reason. Users who verbally assault
other posters on a regular basis will be banned. Name-calling is not acceptable.
Moderator's judgment applies here. "You are wrong" is not a personal attack;
"You are an idiot" is. Forum-wide abuse of this rule will result in the
enforcement of the Zero-tolerance policy found here.
12. New Topics should be posted in the correct forum with an accurate
description. Topics posted in the wrong forum will either be moved or deleted
without moderator notification. If you continue to post messages in the wrong
forum, you will be warned. If you cannot locate your thread view your started
threads in your profile. If it is not listed it was deleted.
13. Our tech forums are here to answer important technical questions pertaining
to the civic. The quality of the content is very important, thus questions
lacking technical merit will either be deleted or moved.
15. When replying to a thread in ANY of our tech forums, the poster should have
at least one of the following: additional content pertaining to the subject, a
related technical question. Replies with useless, unrelated comments or
questions will be deleted.
16. No cross posting allowed. Do not copy the text from your new thread to
another thread in a different forum. You may copy the link to your first thread
and post that in another forum if you feel that the topic is related. The goal
is to prevent two discussions on the same topic at the same time.
17. We at 8thcivic.com value the safety of all members and all drivers on the road. However, we understand that from time to time, you may want to push the speed of your vehicle on public roads. We would prefer that you keep racing on the track. If you wish to post or discuss exhibition of speed on public roads, we at 8thcivic.com will not be liable for your actions, but you may be allowed to share videos and stories, granted that it is not a blatant disregard for the safety of others on the road.
18. The For Sale forum is for contributing members of the site. In order to sell
or buy anything in the Marketplace you must have at least 30 posts. All "For
Sale" threads must be posted in the Marketplace only, all other threads will be
deleted. Please read the rules that are stickied in that forum.
For Sale Rules
19. "Low Balling" in the Marketplace is not allowed. This includes comments on
price, where to get it cheaper or any inflammatory remarks.
(8thcivic.com/moderators/admin is in no way responsible for any transaction that
takes place through this site. We are not Ebay. Please read the full
set of rules in the for sale area before posting a product for sale.)
20. Using the PM system to solicit non-vendor sales or to circumvent any of the
site rules or policies is strictly prohibited. Any member engaging in this
activity will be banned.
21. No posting of copyrighted or proprietary information without consent. This
includes service manuals, software, music, etc...
22. If you choose to leave the forum please do
not ask us to remove your posts. Your posts become the property of 8thcivic.com
once they have been posted. Should you wish to no longer be a member of this
site, we will give your account a general nickname and delete all your personal
23. Multiple screen names is strictly forbidden. Any member found to be posting
under two screen names will be banned for a minimum of 7 days and the additional
accounts will be removed. Any repeat offense of this rule will result in a
permanent ban of the member.
Members that violate these rules will typically be warned. If the offense is
repeated then they may be banned for a time determined by the administrators and
Finally, you agree and realize that 8thcivic.com is privately owned website, and that you have NO RIGHTS whatsoever to use this message board, except at the sole discretion and permission of 8thcivic.com. And, that at any given time, for any or no reason whatsoever, your account can be terminated.
Freedom of Speech? - Although the constitution of the United States guarantees that "Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech", this web site is not Congress nor a part of the United States Government. Freedom of Speech rights do not extend to this privately owned web site. Profanity towards other users, or deliberately causing drama is not tolerated. The guidelines of this web site governs the behaviors and activities of the members. If you choose not to follow the guidelines agreed to during registration, the result is a suspension of your account.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:09 AM.
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.