8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

cdm/jdm conversion ... what u need ...

248K views 336 replies 196 participants last post by  greysquirrel 
#1 ·
i'll close my other posts as soon as i am done with this one ...

it's a 100% final list of everything you will need/want to complete your front end conversion to a T.

after my initial install i noticed that there was 1 fitment issue... the mugen grill. It would not hook up to the stock radiator cover/cowl ... it fit but not perfect and it's not anything u'd want to show off. It would cause ur stuff to look like this when ur hood was closed:

u can notice the spaces on the upper left and right corners of the grill.
That can cause water, dust and other stuff to get in there...

that was basically the only fitment issue ... in order to get around this u need the front radiator cover of the csx or jdm model civic after which ur stuff will look like this:

u also will want other lil odds and ends which will be in the list below but can be omitted.

you will need.
1. HOOD
a) hood insulator (it comes with it's own clips)
b) L + R headlight seals ... those are rubber pieces that attatch to the left and right corners of the hood where it meets the headlight
c) ur warning lables that go under the hood :thumb:

2. L + R FENDERS
a) L + R bumper brackets ... those attatch to the fenders. You need those because this is what the bumper attatches to at the back corner of the headlights/ front corner of the fenders... you will need to reuse the 1 screw on each side that's on the stock bumper brackets (or u can get new ones)

3. BUMPER

4. GRILL ... mugen or stock jdm civic / csx crill ... if using csx / jdm grill u'll need a few extra mounting clips for where it attatched to the top of the bumper... i think 3 but i'm not soo sure since i'm using a mugen grill.

5. RADIATOR COVER/COWL
a) extra mounting clips as this one uses 3 extra clips ... part # 91505-S9A-003

6. L + R HEADLIGHTS
a) L + R headlight brackets ... those are needed to attatch the headlights to the frame as well as to attatch the bumper to the bottom of the headlights.
B) 4 extra bulbs ... can't remember the bulb number but u'll want those bulbs + sockets ... 2 of these bulbs are ur park lights so u may want those or else u won't have park lights ... the other 2 are city lights which just look cool when ur headlights are on ... u have to wire them into ur harness accordingly.
i) the park ones get wired into ur turn signals via 2 wires... so they light up when u stock park lights are on but they don't blink ... they are basically side markers.
ii) the city lights get wired into ur low beam ... :thumb:

7. FOG LIGHTS

you will have to reuse ur stock screws/bolts. they are all the same.
all 10mm bolts with the exception + 2 philips screws for the bumper brackets + 2 philips screws that attatch the bumper at the corners :laughing:
side item ... u'd have to remove ur wipers and u need a 17mm socket for that :thumb:

That's everything you will need for a perfect conversion without any missing pieces and a perfect fit ... no modifications of any kind. 100% bolt/snap on.

Maybe NBPRudy can comment on part numbers for the other pieces as i did not make note of them when i got them.

price will vary ...

i'll outline the differences between JDM + CDM ... they are few and comes down to preference.

1. JDM has clear corners and CDM has amber (i prefer the amber since stock USDM had amber)
2. JDM has flat hood + bumper ... CDM has accent line running down the middle of hood + bumper (i prefer the line to five it a lil edginess)
everything else is the same.

where headlights are concerned .... there's the HID version(non projector though) + a regular halogen version ...
HID version costs 1000 per headlight and that's just the headlight only ..
Halogen version has the most impressive cut off that i've never seen on any halogen based headlight so IMO u can get that and use a good plug + play kit... u won't be disappointed.

CTR front is different ... so one can go that route ...
the fenders are 5mm wider
the bumper has a more agressive look to it ...
u'd be trading off the foglights in it's current position for some small fogs that fit on the bumper itself
the lip will be different ...

i preferred this one (regular civic front) + mugen lip + fogs for my daily beater :pat: ...

happy modding :thumb:

See less See more
#13 ·
Chekz said:
so Marvie whats an estimate price on everything? Ill planning on getting a 4 door SI soon and i want this to be my first or second mod. To me the USDM front looks too nice and lay back...this one just looks plain mean.
can't comment on cost cuz i got a hook up from member NBPRudy for parts ...
he helped me out a lot ... :thumb:

i'm sure he can't continue to give those prices or else he'll be losing ...

but it's going to cost u about 3000 with everything listed above...

or u can contact password jdm ... 3300 ... without shipping and u'd be missing a couple odds + ends.

#15 ·
blue rocket said:
looks sick, when's the lip kit coming?
good question ...
i've been waiting on KMS ...
last i heard was the container came in from japan and it's in chicago ... they are awaiting the parts at which point they'll check them and then ship them out ...
i'm guessing another week or 2.

#16 ·
xmx250 said:
Looks good especially in the white. Quick question whats the difference between the original hood and the one you have on their now?
accent line down the middle
it's a lil longer
the dimensions must be different cuz of the change in fenders but i'm not sure if it is or by how much.

#17 ·
sickyute said:
can't comment on cost cuz i got a hook up from member NBPRudy for parts ...
he helped me out a lot ... :thumb:

i'm sure he can't continue to give those prices or else he'll be losing ...

but it's going to cost u about 3000 with everything listed above...

or u can contact password jdm ... 3300 ... without shipping and u'd be missing a couple odds + ends.
thanks Marvie....ill be doing this before the turbo so that way more turbo products would be available. Thanks for the answer and props on your car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.