8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

The "What Exhaust Should I Get?" Discussion

172K views 681 replies 248 participants last post by  cyrus_gremlins 
#1 ·
#2 ·
What is the best exhaust system for the Civic si Sedan

im tired of the stock exhaust, its not loud enough for me but i dont want something Rice like the skunk2 no offence, does anyone know anything about the tsudo
greddy seeems good too
but which one has the best sound and best price

#5 ·
not to hijack the post, but is there a specific part number for the cat back Vibrant system, for 07 SI Coupe..?

#4 ·
I haven't personally used the GReddy exhaust adapter to allow a FG exhaust to fit on a FA, but if you're willing to drop I think $60 on it, then you can look at the exhausts available for the coupes as well. That way, you'll have a broader range of exhausts to choose from. I'd check on the ID of the adapter and the particular exhaust system though. I'd hate for it to bottleneck and then expand again.

#16 ·
The problem right now with setups are either extreme pricepoint or non-existence engineering coupled with a massive pipe diameter. I'm really, really hoping the JDM companies get the shoe out of their ass and start releasing USDM configured setups because my skunk2 attracts way too many "wrong" people and coupled with a header and intake -- I think my finance is going to leave me due to every panel in the car rattling from the interior drone.

I'm very curious to see how the T1R / Borla system is going to do on full bolt on cars.

#18 ·
loud is an opinion. imo the only ones that sound good are apex ws and tanabe touring maybe greddy sp. all others to me sound too loud. the bigger piping creates less back pressure causing loss in hp. just stick with stock piping and if you want an exhaust for sound buy an axel back.

#19 ·
The bigger diameter piping actually increases peak HP and decreases torque.

My LSD has proven good gains, but it is loud. Vibrant is a slightly quieter one, but it is still loud, however it sounds good.
The skunk2 is just plain loud in my opinion.

Try getting to hear some people in your area with various exhausts ( even on the 2dr) as they will fit the 4dr with a 2" piece welded into the midpipe

#28 ·
the cat back exhausts replace all the tubing from the cat- back, hence the name.

90% of aftermarket exhausts have 1 resonator, however people have chosen to add a 2nd one to the vibrant exhaust.

#29 ·
lol, making a thread about asking which is the "best" exhaust for your vehicle, isnt going to be very helpful/beneficial since everyone has their own personal taste and their opinions are often biased.

best thing to do is research on your own, listen to videos on youtube or whatever and look for dyno plots if your concerned about any REAL gains.

if you ask me for my own personal choice in an exhaust for a fa5... i recommend the Mugen Sports Exhaust system.....if you can source one. lol but im biased and i have one. (not installed yet- still sitting at work)

Sean

#33 ·
If i were looking for an exhaust i would ask about sound levels before power because all the 2.5'' exhaust for this car make the same power for the most part so i would go with what sounds the best in person sound clips don't do any exhaust justice IMO.

#34 ·
Exhaust Help

ahhh! I am in a big dilemma, idk what exhaust to get. I have a 09 si sedan. I was leaning towards full race or invidia q300 but ive heard that they are not much louder than stock. And i want it to be louder then stock, so then i was considering a skunk2 70mm. But ive been reading that it is too loud and that it has alot of drone while driving in the freeway. So i need something in between. Ive seen so many exhaust videos its ridiculous.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.