si exhaust pipe size? - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Bolt-Ons And All-Motor > Exhaust Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 07:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
VanishingImage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Springfield,Ohio
Posts: 122
Ryan
si exhaust pipe size?

I want to get a Tsudo SP2 muffler for my Si and don't really want to get it welded on right away(rather see how it sounds on the car in case I want to put the stock one back on)

What size is the pipping? And what type of exhaust clamp should I use ?
VanishingImage is offline  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-29-2009, 07:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jello67890's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Livermore
Posts: 757
Joel
just get full catback... well worth the extra $200 or so
jello67890 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 07:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ScivicI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Philly
Age: 28
Posts: 376
Troy
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanishingImage View Post
I want to get a Tsudo SP2 muffler for my Si and don't really want to get it welded on right away(rather see how it sounds on the car in case I want to put the stock one back on)

What size is the pipping? And what type of exhaust clamp should I use ?
stock exhaust is 2''. Next time please utilize the search function as this has been asked before
ScivicI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 07:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
VanishingImage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Springfield,Ohio
Posts: 122
Ryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScivicI View Post
stock exhaust is 2''. Next time please utilize the search function as this has been asked before
did and thats why I asked,nothing on the 2 pages that I had to search though.

Usually use it, now,I got my answer thanks
VanishingImage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 08:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
07REGSI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Da Burgh
Posts: 5,662
Robbie
and actually its not 2 its 2.25...And the sp2 sounds decent bro. I have it with a custom 2.25 piping with no resonators. My only complaint is it makes hissing when hit at high rpms. Vtec

Its sound very deep and loud but not obnoxious. You can hear it in the cabin but not to bad. I dont know how how loud you want or what sound your looking for..

Did you see it on youtube? Cause they have it if you type tsudo sp2 on civic si, with just the muffler.
07REGSI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 08:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ScivicI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Philly
Age: 28
Posts: 376
Troy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07REGSI View Post
and actually its not 2 its 2.25...And the sp2 sounds decent bro. I have it with a custom 2.25 piping with no resonators. My only complaint is it makes hissing when hit at high rpms. Vtec

Its sound very deep and loud but not obnoxious. You can hear it in the cabin but not to bad. I dont know how how loud you want or what sound your looking for..

Did you see it on youtube? Cause they have it if you type tsudo sp2 on civic si, with just the muffler.
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/bolt-...ping-size.html

...check the last post in that thread.

Last edited by ScivicI; 06-29-2009 at 08:05 PM.
ScivicI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 08:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
VanishingImage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Springfield,Ohio
Posts: 122
Ryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07REGSI View Post
and actually its not 2 its 2.25...And the sp2 sounds decent bro. I have it with a custom 2.25 piping with no resonators. My only complaint is it makes hissing when hit at high rpms. Vtec

Its sound very deep and loud but not obnoxious. You can hear it in the cabin but not to bad. I dont know how how loud you want or what sound your looking for..

Did you see it on youtube? Cause they have it if you type tsudo sp2 on civic si, with just the muffler.
aaah 2.5 eh? ok cool

yea I saw the YouTube vids of it and loved the sound. For being a straight through muffler(obviously has sound dampening material) it still is deep sounding. This is what I want, just not a fan of the raspy with the canister style mufflers. I evently will go with a custom cat-back but I put over 1000 bucks on my last car because I wasn't satisfied with the exhaust sound,hence why I don't want to buy a full cat-back right now
VanishingImage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 08:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
07REGSI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Da Burgh
Posts: 5,662
Robbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanishingImage View Post
aaah 2.5 eh? ok cool

yea I saw the YouTube vids of it and loved the sound. For being a straight through muffler(obviously has sound dampening material) it still is deep sounding. This is what I want, just not a fan of the raspy with the canister style mufflers. I evently will go with a custom cat-back but I put over 1000 bucks on my last car because I wasn't satisfied with the exhaust sound,hence why I don't want to buy a full cat-back right now
yea its deff a good muffler for the price. And tsudo makes good quality products..And whats nice is it still keeps the OEM look...
07REGSI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 08:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
07REGSI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Da Burgh
Posts: 5,662
Robbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScivicI View Post
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/bolt-...ping-size.html

...check the last post in that thread.
Aight my bad. I swore I read somewhere It was 2.25..But I have my stock laying downstairs and measured its 2" sorry for false info So yea its 2"
07REGSI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 10:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Northeast
Posts: 33
haha whats w/ the corn :P I just put the magnaflow catback system on my car and it sounds high quality and not ricey. Nice deep tone and quite while cruising...
GalaxSIGray is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OEM Exhaust Pipe Size?? Spencer M Civic SI 5 06-02-2009 10:30 PM
Exhaust pipe size question santellanm Exhaust Discussion 25 05-28-2009 03:07 AM
DCRH Pipe Size samx109 Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat 9 01-17-2008 10:42 PM
DCRH Pipe size? caveman74 Bolt-Ons And All-Motor 1 02-11-2007 08:28 PM
DCRH pipe size? ctx2000 Header Discussion 0 07-28-2006 11:46 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:28 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
copyright 8thcivic.com - all rights reserved