K24Z7 swap in 8th gen - Page 2 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Bolt-Ons And All-Motor > Engine Swaps, Mounts, Pulleys

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jskashani View Post
I am not sure if some of you guys are thinking that I am wanting to pull the motor from my 9th to put in my 8th, but that is not the case. I am planning on leaving my 2012 alone and buying another k24z7 motor for the 8th. Although, I'd be interested in knowing more about the k20/k24 motor that you have for sale brado. Also wondering why the z7 is not close to a Frankenstein swap. Sounds to me that that is pretty much exactly what it is, except for reving to 8000 rpm's and not having vtec on the exhaust side. Well, it sounds like maybe I should stick with the Frankenstein swap, but I didn't want to build a motor as I can purchase a complete swap for $2500 including the tranny. I wouldn't have to buy rods/pistons, gasket set, head studs, mounts or any little miscellaneous items that I might be missing. Sounds like I would have to get FlashPro either way so tuning isn't the issue. Either way, I appreciate all the feedback.
Check it out in the for sale section, the good thing about my setup is it can bolt up to all your stock si parts and run fine, granted you tune it. Or you can make it a horsepower monster if you like
brado is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 04:00 PM   #22 (permalink)

Stephen
With the k24a2 still readily available... this swap is stupid and you shouldn't do it.
w00t692 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 06:30 PM   #23 (permalink)

Ri
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00t692 View Post
With the k24a2 still readily available... this swap is stupid and you shouldn't do it.
Very blunt but extremely true.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
InkPncl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 06:46 PM   #24 (permalink)

Stephen
I mean with the k24a2 you'll get access to camshafts, tons of custom headers, etc.

It just doesn't seem worthwhile to me to do a k24z7 swap.
w00t692 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 06:59 PM   #25 (permalink)

Al Capone
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00t692 View Post
This^

Not to mention that 1 port exhaust manifold is totally retarded.
Cap-One is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #26 (permalink)
VIP Member

Bradley
Following up on this thread. I been researching this k24z4(7) option as a block swap to throw on the z3 head. This is if I can not find a 06-08 TSX K24A2 longblock (seems rare to find as everyone uses it) I want to keep my compression at 10.5:1 or 11:1. I found a thread on 9th Gen saying the z4(7) block may work with our z3 head with the proper head gasket as the coolant ports match up. Just that the block coolant ports are angled where as the z3 head ports are straight?
sicivic09 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #27 (permalink)
VIP Member

Gary
Personally I would Not.. Seems you would just be making a 9th gen out of an 8th gen... IDK it just seems kinda pointless since you already have a 9th... A frankensteined swap would make more sense IMO.

Think about it. If you swapped the k24z7 into your 8th, than your 8th and 9th would basically be the same car but with slightly different looks..
killswitch21 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #28 (permalink)
VIP Member

Bradley
I have an 8th. I am just looking into block options without the price of a built block since some k24 blocks come 10.5:1 or 11:1 compression already and they are good for high power applications stock-like. Just throw on an a2 oil pump and a z3 head or 50* vtc cam and good to go!
sicivic09 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.