8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

DIY Aftermarket Tweeter Replacement in Dash

57K views 32 replies 27 participants last post by  krash 
#1 ·
2011 Sedan SE (EX in US). Even though I wanted to keep it stealth, the results aren't bad.

Unmolested Grill:

Backside:

Tweeter doesn't fit:

Modified with an inch and five/eights hole saw:

Back after:

Perfect Fit:

Finished Product:

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks, guys. Yes, they are from Alpine's top SPX line. I found the complete component set (SPX-177) at a local pawn shop, brand newin the box for $100. Definitely a few generations old, but that is a fraction of the original price. The real gold mine is the crossover - it has adjustments for time alignment, phase, etc. They are replacing a set of SPS-600c's. So far I have only mounted the tweeters, and hooked them up to the existing SPS x-over. Night and day difference. I would say that they are at least 50% smoother and less harsh. I can't wait to change out the woofers and tweak the new x-over.

#12 ·
I used a similar concept, just cleared the plastic ring off the back of the mount and used some two part cement to glue to tweeter to the grill. Had to break it apart to get pictures of it =/

They're the tweeters to a set of Alpine SPR-60C's

My apologies for the pictures not in the right order.

Attachments

#25 ·
UPDATE: I tried this flush mounting method for when i put my Pioneer TS-T110 tweeters in least week, it looks factory and they sound 10x better than the factory ones. Much clearer, better highs, no distortion, much louder too throughout the range. Definitely worth doing, and its relatively easy for most to do at home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.