8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Smokin' Sexy TAIL Lights + All BLACK GRILL. [ DIY Guide] (PiX)

55K views 92 replies 79 participants last post by  babyb239 
#1 ·
Just finished doing the tail lights and at the same time FINALLY :hail: the front grill.

Step 1: Buy the spray tint, either from ebay or your local tunning shop.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8057832432&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Step 2: Get garbage bags, blue painting tape, knife, paper towels, rubbing alchy just incase.. I didnt want to take out the lights, so I didnt have to spend time adjusting it later.

Step 3: Cut one of the bags so its a big thing of plastic. Tape it over your light and hood fender area.

Step 4: Cute out the shape of your tail lights then use the blue tape to tape the plastic bag to the car, clean the lights well.

Step 5: Shake the can and spray from a foot away. One coat, nice and easy all over the lense. If you do it too much it will run and it looks ugly. (My right one ran so I had to redo it twice. Have rubbing alchy and paper towls ready just dump alchy on the paper and rub away, it will come off.)

Take your time, I did about 6 coats. Really though take your time with it, do one light coat wait 10 min to dry then do another.

Step 6: Carefully take everything off and enjoy.

The front grill just take it off your car. And spray it somewhere. Let it dry for a few hours before touching and reinstalling it.

MORE PICS HERE CHECK IT OUT

Stealth Civic: 2006 STEALTH CIVIC LX Sedan + 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R RED - Fort Myers, Florida

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow I hope for your sake you never get in a fender bender!!!! The person in the other car might say they couldn't distinguish your front headlight/rear brake lights? Might have trouble trying to sway the cops in your favor? Speaking of cops arn't you worried about drawning extra heat due to the fact that you have changed your lights from OEM specs?

Other then that looks stealthy .... not on my list of things to do, but it you like then :thumb:

#3 ·
Airwolf said:
Wow I hope for your sake you never get in a fender bender!!!! The person in the other car might say they couldn't distinguish your front headlight/rear brake lights? Might have trouble trying to sway the cops in your favor? Speaking of cops arn't you worried about drawning extra heat due to the fact that you have changed your lights from OEM specs?

Other then that looks stealthy .... not on my list of things to do, but it you like then :thumb:

Well if you go on to my car domain you will see that when the lights are on you can see it fine.

But yes my stealthy look is almost complete. Soon going to be getting all black rims and lowered. And I will be done.:thumb: :driving:

#5 ·
schnellsy said:
I'm thinking of tinting my rear view mirrors.
Whats the purpose of this? I think that will make it very hard to see out of your mirror, please dont do that!.:laughing:

Car is lookin' good Tiko,nice write up too.:thumb:

#9 ·
Airwolf said:

Some cities allow it, some cities don't. And btw, he didn't put a blanket over his headlights, he just sprayed it with some tint spray. So it's just like the tint on your windows where you could see out of it. I'm darkening mine anyways with Lamin-X...

Good job Tiko!!!

Hey. You photoshopped these pics right?

#10 ·
k20z3Vo said:
Some cities allow it, some cities don't. And btw, he didn't put a blanket over his headlights, he just sprayed it with some tint spray. So it's just like the tint on your windows where you could see out of it. I'm darkening mine anyways with Lamin-X...

Good job Tiko!!!

Hey. You photoshopped these pics right?
Not sure which pics you are talking about but they are all originals I took yesterday and the dark ones where last night with a slow shutter camera.

I am happy with the way it turned out though. Although the front ones I used one kind and the back I used another brand. And the back ones are glossy and shinny like the car, except it ran. The front ones didnt run at all but as you can see its not shinny. The back ones from up close you can see that i ran, but its shinny like the car and you have to really make an effort to see the running.

#11 ·
I think it looks freakin' tight. Black rims on it complete it with a full tint.
Call it the "BLACKMOBILE!" Lol... tht sounds bad huh... hehe.

Rachael said:
i'm sorry but i don't think that looks good at all.... makes the car look cheaper and dull

#14 ·
Of course your gonna be hearing inputs about our opinion, so here goes mine, but no harm intended but just my opinion. i think that looks whack bro, it looks real ugly, all that black, that black stealth look, i dont like that look. makes the car look dull. plus i think(thats me) you making your car look mean and tough but i dont think all that black can make a civic sedan look like like that. the sedan just doesn't fit that criteria. yes there are some sport sedan but that doesn't fit. dont look right. but anyways, just dropping you my opinion. Good Luck with your car on everything and your future mods...

#19 ·
VoLTr0n said:
dope mod. plan on doing it lightly to my headlights and possibly the turn signals on the back. just gotta make sure the cops won't be giving me any trouble first.
Do 2 layers for the front 4 for the back or 6 for the back for really nice black color. I have had it for 2 months, no cops stopage yet and I have been driving alot.

#24 ·
i tinted my tails too, it looks really good in person

and u can still see the light output when your brake in the daylight / nighttime

i'm waiting for my yellow laminx to do my headlights...

looks good bro..i personally wouldn't have done the headlights and grill due to the fact that your not getting lightoutput from the headlights..and i like the chrome grill..

#50 ·
...and u can still see the light output when your brake in the daylight / nighttime...
I thought that for a while too... until someone with tinted tails braked in front of me and I almost rear ended him. It was the late afternoon and the sun was behind me. Albeit that it's a somewhat rare situation, it still happens and regardless of how well you THINK you can see it, in court, tinted tail lights are not Department of Transportation or National Highway Traffic Safety Administration approved.

Tinted tail lights = Fail lights.

Looks neat though, if that's your thing.

#26 ·
Tikolx333 said:
Just finished doing the tail lights and at the same time FINALLY :hail: the front grill.

Step 1: Buy the spray tint, either from ebay or your local tunning shop.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8057832432&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Step 2: Get garbage bags, blue painting tape, knife, paper towels, rubbing alchy just incase.. I didnt want to take out the lights, so I didnt have to spend time adjusting it later.

Step 3: Cut one of the bags so its a big thing of plastic. Tape it over your light and hood fender area.

Step 4: Cute out the shape of your tail lights then use the blue tape to tape the plastic bag to the car, clean the lights well.

Step 5: Shake the can and spray from a foot away. One coat, nice and easy all over the lense. If you do it too much it will run and it looks ugly. (My right one ran so I had to redo it twice. Have rubbing alchy and paper towls ready just dump alchy on the paper and rub away, it will come off.)

Take your time, I did about 6 coats. Really though take your time with it, do one light coat wait 10 min to dry then do another.

Step 6: Carefully take everything off and enjoy.

The front grill just take it off your car. And spray it somewhere. Let it dry for a few hours before touching and reinstalling it.

MORE PICS HERE CHECK IT OUT

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2325821/

Why do you insist on doing this to your nice car? Please leave the at-home experiments to the professionals. This does NOT look good. I would paint the front windshield with a thin coat of black paint also. Heck, why not do all the windows yourself. LOL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.