8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

DIY - cleared tail signals

83K views 218 replies 118 participants last post by  08NHBciv 
#1 ·
I bought chrome turn signal bulbs from eBay, and I have to say, I'm pretty satisfied. Didn't come with instructions, but it was pretty easy to do.

I started by removing the two plastic screws
in the back of the trunk nearest the tail lights.
Next, I carefully removed the carpetting, leaving
the bulb connectors exposed.

The bulbs pop out by twisting and pulling on
the socket. Simple, no?

Always wear protection when touching the
intimate parts of your baby. Took out the
yellow bulb and replaced it with new bulb.

Put the socket back in place, twisted it and made
sure it was secure. Put the carpetting back into
place, and put the plastic screws back into place.

The finished product. :)

Before (driver side)

After (passenger side)

One last before and after shot.

Not really a DIY, but I just had to show off my inexpensive mod. Ended up being 14.95 all together. 10 bucks for the bulbs, and 5 for shipping and insurance. So post up some feedback already! Cool? Rice? What?

See less See more
#189 ·
It does look good, i hate that damn orange blinker. I also smoked mine out too, but you can still see the the orange/yellow when i put the turn signals tho.

#18 ·
So what bulb size are the rear turns? When I took mine out it said W21Y or something along those lines (not at my car at the moment) and I am disappointed cuz I was at Advance Auto Parts to get silverstar turns but nooo... :(

I guess that W21--- is the bulb size but where do I find one?

#19 ·
Did you have trouble putting the new bulbs in?

Because I just got mine in today, and I'm having one helluva time trying to get the new bulbs to fit in completely.

#21 ·
8thgenuser said:
That was crazy easy and the result is crazy fantastic! Great post, Celcius! Definitely a +1! :thumb:

Does the signal now blink clear or is it still yellow?

From what I understand they still blink yellow. This is a direct quote from the e-bay site "Silver (chrome) bulbs take away that ugly orange reflection seen from orange bulbs in crystal headlights and taillights, but still shine bright orange when illuminated, allowing you to complete the clean look along with being 100% legal while doing it and with ZERO wiring modifications needed!!!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.