8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

DIY Xenon Projectors

72K views 188 replies 67 participants last post by  dngklnt 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm currently working on the write-up for the xenon projector, xenon foglight and clear corners project that I just finished... it took six days, but the result is stunning IMO... :D
The problem is that it's currently a 10.5 MB word file, and will get MUCH bigger once I get all the pictures in. The filesize will go down once I convert it to PDF, but it will still be huge either way... can anybody suggest a way to make such a large file available?

J

http://www.8thcivic.com/DIY/Xenon.pdf

Strate LOSS's install... very clean!

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/insi...-o-s-s-s-retrofit-progress-7.html#post5130404

See less See more
#2 ·
Do you have a website that you could host it on? That's one suggestion.

Another would be to convert the entire Word document into a HTML file, which you could post on a website and provide the link to right here on the forum.

I'll even be happy to host it for you if you like.

#6 ·
I used Hella projectors... the Hella bulbs and ballasts that came with the projectors are Audi and are in the foglights now. The bulbs and ballasts in the projectors are Lexus... I made the switch because the Lexus components are brand new and I wanted them in the headlights since the headlights would be used more often than the foglights.
As far as being comprehensive, I felt that doing the write-up as completely as possible was key... Gomer Pyle could follow it :) There are also a lot of high-res pictures, which is what really makes the file big.

J

#10 ·
You should try to use some sort of graphic editing software to "optimize" the image files. Adobe Photoshop has an amazing little tool called "Save for Web" that does all the image optimizing and allows you to select the level of compression for the images. It can easily turn a 2mb image into a 250k (or smaller) file with little to no compression artifacts/loss of clarity.

I have a copy on my home computer, so I could easily trim those image files down for you. Hit me up with a PM and I’ll shoot you my email address.

-Nat

#14 ·
#17 ·
slowmo9494 said:
Comon Jimmy Rollins aka J-Ro.....can't wait to see the DIY write up
I was called J-Ro because those letters of my name are disturbingly close to J-Lo :eek:hnoes:
I'm heading back to Toronto this weekend, so I'm hoping to get a bunch more done on the DIY when I'm there. It's written, it's just pictures now that are taking all the time :banghead:

J

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.