8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

How To: LED Festoon map lights

215K views 530 replies 242 participants last post by  Berner88 
#1 ·
I purchased the 9 LED feestoon lights from Super Bright Leds

Super Bright LEDs - Festoon Base Bulbs

There is a little indent where you need to pry a small screwdriver to remove the covers.

You have to put the light in on a slight angle do to the tight area it is contained. make sure you did not reverse the direction before replacing the lens.

The right is the old 4 LED festoon bulb which I felt was not bright enough.
The left is the 9 LED bulb.

Close up of the front of the LED bulb.

Close up of the back of the LED bulb.

Picture showing both lights.

test the lights and replace the lens.

The rear light has two spots to remove the lens cover and it took a little work to remove it.

See less See more
#427 ·
Same as the EX

9 led Festoon

Super Bright LEDs – Festoon Light Bulbs

31 x 10 mm Festoon base with 9 LEDS

3022-x9 LED Festoon bulb
30x10mm (1.181 inches long)12 VDC Festoon Base Bulb with 9 LEDS
i found that specific type of bulb on the site
but instead of 31 x 10
it says..

3022-x9 LED Festoon bulb
30mm (1.181 inches long)12 VDC Festoon Base Bulb with 9 LEDs

even though it is 3022 would it still fit right even though it says 30? would that 1 mm make a difference?

#10 · (Edited)
basmoq said:
Wow, these things are great, I'm gonna have to find out what type the wedge bulb is in the trunk and turn it blue as well! I'll post pics if I remember to take them.
Did the trunk light, it's a 194/168 bulb. You can get the trunk light cover out with a flathead screwdriver - pry it out gently from the driver's side.

One thing to be aware of is the bulb is mounted horizontally, so you might want to make a reflector to put overtop of the bulb, or get a wide spectrum bulb so the light shines down into your trunk, instead of into your speaker tray. I made a reflector out of the inside of a coke can. :eek:wneddanc

#11 ·
spunkin82 said:
Do they offer them in white? i checked the site but wasnt sure if they were sold out or something. or what color is the one in the pictures?
White is the type in the pictures. Choose your colour from the drop down menu. They have a slightly purplish hue to them. I think they really enhance the feel of the interior, but my girlfriend calls them ricey. :banghead:

Here's a link to the store:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=CAR&keywords=&cart_id=64355.19218&next=50

#15 ·
#18 ·
rear bulb, singular, yes it's the same festoon bulb. The only bulb that is different is the trunk light, which is a wedge bulb. I forgot to order the trunk bulb in blue, so i ordered it yesterday with bulbs for my bro's car (saves shipping). If your gonna get them, get them all, shippings a killer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.