8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

How To and Pics for mod of courtesy light

32K views 28 replies 22 participants last post by  kentchup. 
#1 ·
I had the dealer install the courtesy lights but it was not bright enough for my tastes.

Here are some pics of the car taken parts and how I attached the ALM accent lights from Super Bright Leds

Super Bright LEDs - Car Accents

passenger side and the location of the lights

Closeup of driver side light

Drivers side light locations

Close up with original courtesy light

back side of panel.

The wires from the original kit were cut and spliced with a 4 way wire connection.

I placed solder on the ends of the wires to make the gauge smaller so they would stay in the connectors.

The entire floor of the car lights up but there are two hot spots since the lights have 15 degree leds.

Accent Light Module SPECIFICATIONS

I was not able to get a good picture with the lights, the flash was washing out the light.

I will try to get more pictures soon.

See less See more
#14 ·
The LEDs are Material : InGaN
Lens Color : Water Clear
Emitted Color : Red
Intensity Typ. : 64Lm
Viewing Angle : 160°
Forward Voltage : 1.9v-3.1v
Forward Current : 700mA
I have six of them installed. One under each side on the dash. And under each seat has one facing the front and one facing the rear. They are wired in series, so there are no resistors.
13.8v/6=2.3v each, so they are not as bright as they could be. But right now the brightness is perfect.

#16 ·
peliROJO said:
The red one above and mine are both wired to the Dome Lights. They fade out 30 seconds after the door is closed.

Actually the one in the pic I have wired to my parking lights so they're on whenever lights are on. I also used 6 pod led's versus 4 and used a 6 light led strip in the back under each seat

Here's the DIY to wire it into the dome light lead

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10395&highlight=courtesy+light

Here's the DIY to wire it to your parking lights

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17835&highlight=courtesy+light

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.